Moishe's Chicago

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
andrea77

Moishe's Chicago

Postby andrea77 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:01 am

I just thought I'd give you all an update on my move from Chicago to DC. I chose Moishe's over a couple van lines and a quote from Betsy's Trans-pack (who, by the way, was totally rude and i wouldn't have used even if her quote was NOT the highest I received). Moishe's was the cheapest quote I got and I was encouraged by some good feedback they got on this message board. The guy I spoke with in Chicago was great - he was very nice and answered all of my questions. He told me they had a truck going to DC from Chicago and my stuff would be loaded on with it. I think that instead, my stuff just went on a normal shipment from Chicago to NY and a guy drove it down from NY, which is fine, it all got here in good condition, nothing lost or broken. The only inconvenience was that it arrived 5 days before I told them I could take the shipment - this was a real pain given my hectic schedule, especially since I'd specifically said I could only take it after a specific date. Fortunately, the day it did arrive was the ONE day that I was in town that week, and I was able to get into the building early. My stuff came down in a Ryder truck with a Moishe's sign taped on. The guy who drove the truck was the guy who unloaded it and moved me in (one guy!!). He was fine, but it took a really long time because it was just one guy. All in all, a pretty good experience - it got here, and nothing was lost or damaged.

Diane

Re: Moishe's Chicago

Postby Diane » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:52 am

Thanks for coming back to let us know what happened, Andrea. This gives us a good idea of how Chicago-NY or Chicago-DC moves are likely to go with Moishe's.

For the back story that led up to this post, see this thread - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5858

Return to “Open Community”