Review: Avatar Moving Long Island

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
John Leone

Review: Avatar Moving Long Island

Postby John Leone » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:48 am

I used the information found at MovingScam.com to evaluate a mover for my planned international household goods move in July, 2005. I found Avatar, an Atlas Van Lines agent, and determined they had a good reputation, were associated with a large US moving company, and were fully insured.

Chris Noblit, the Avatar representative, came to my home, gave me an accurate estimate, and assisted me with information required for an international move. Their estimate was middle-of-the road (not the highest or lowest of the companies I evaluated), but the estimate was the all-inclusive price for a door-to-door, 10,000 pound international move. I was only responsible for taxes, duties and demurrage for any container delay which was not caused by the moving company or forwarder. I selected them as my mover. I paid for the move with a credit card.

The Avatar employees who packed and shipped the household items were professional and courteous. They arrived on time, took great care packing and loading my furniture and household goods. The forwarder Avatar selected, Rainier, helped me track my shipment and provided an accurate ETA for the arrival in Manila.

The agent on the receiving side, Goetz Moving, provided country-specific assistance that was an enormous help with in dealing with the country’s government. Phyllis Encluna, the Goetz agent, handled the customs and tax issues for me satisfactorily. Goetz delivered the shipment as promised. All my household items arrived safely. There was no additional charge except for $60.00 due to a delay in the receiving country customs. Everything else was included in Chris Noblit’s quoted price.

I want to thank Avatar, Rainier, and Goetz for their honesty, help, and professionalism in this move.

Sincerely, John M. Leone

Diane

Re: Review: Avatar Moving Long Island

Postby Diane » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:54 am

Thank you so much for posting this and I will add it to the Rainier posts on our international moving sticky.

cnoblit

Re: Review: Avatar Moving Long Island

Postby cnoblit » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:34 am

Thank you Mr. Leone; It was a pleasure assisting a consumer whose primary concern was quality of service, safety, reliability and who resisted putting the price of the job at the top of the list. Thank you very much. Thank you too Diane.

Chris Noblit
Long Island, New York
Christopher Noblit
Professional Mover

Return to “Open Community”