*information on Matthew Moving Company

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
g-burg

*information on Matthew Moving Company

Postby g-burg » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:19 pm

Hi,

We are moving from Gaithersburg, MD to Knoxville, TN. We have had three in-home estimate visits and are thinking of going with Matthew Moving co. (Allied). I have searched the forum for information on them and have not come up with anything negative. Has anyone had any experience with them? Specific comments on them would be great! I just want to double-check before we commit to them.

The other estimates we have are from Ramar (Mayflower) and Von Paris (United). Matthew Moving had the lowest price (guaranteed price), compared to Ramar (binding not to exceed) and Von Paris (binding not to exceed). Also, the Matthew agent said that it would definitely be a Matthew driver and Matthew loaders and unloaders.

I appreciate your help!

Thanks!

Rick

Re: information on Matthew Moving Company

Postby Rick » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:01 pm

Matthew Moving's actual warehouse address is just north of Gaithersburg in Clarksburg. Matt established his company in the late 60's, hit some financial bumps in the '80s, and has been on the rebound ever since. They are an established company, doing $3M-4M annually and specialize in government work.

Their location allows them to service the northern metro DC area as well as Fredrick and Hagerstown easier than the van line agents located in northern Virginia. Ramar and Security Storage Co. are their primary competitors. All of your choices are very reputable van line agents.

Good Luck!

bonnfire

Postby bonnfire » Wed May 10, 2006 8:55 pm

Did you end up using Matthew Moving co? We are considering them right now for a move to Boston from MD, and I would love to know how it went and if you would recommend them.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed May 10, 2006 9:15 pm

bonnfire,

I don't know whether you know that there are some positive remarks about the company already posted here. Click on the link below my signature and scroll down to "Maryland."
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Postby Guest » Wed May 10, 2006 10:07 pm

Thanks, Diane. Yes, I saw that and that was reassuring. Just thought I would fish for any other opinions or recommendations.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed May 10, 2006 10:14 pm

I get a good feeling about the company, especially from people like MusicMom. She lives in the area so should know. If you use them, please come back to report because there are many, many people moving on that route. Good luck!

anniesgiftshack

Postby anniesgiftshack » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:33 pm

After receiving 3 in-home estimates, I decided that I am going with Matthew Moving from MD to NY. This website has been a godsend - saved me a world of hurt and headache and I thank you all. I will post again next month when I've completed my move and let everyone know how things went with Matthew Moving. This is my first time hiring movers (I always went the U-Haul route before) and I am so very grateful to everyone who's ever posted here to let newbies like myself know what to look for and what to avoid. I could have made a HUGE mistake without it. Thank you.

MusicMom

Re: *information on Matthew Moving Company

Postby MusicMom » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:57 pm

We smile when we read these things. I'm looking forward to your return post.

Return to “Open Community”