Certified Transportation Group (Atlas) 1/2 of review

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
nyaccent

Certified Transportation Group (Atlas) 1/2 of review

Postby nyaccent » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:43 am

was wondering if I should tip the woman that was making the inventory list and placing stickers on my items. I found out the woman is the driver's wife and will be making the trip down to Florida with him. I decided to give her a $5 tip, but when i received my copy of the inventory list that she wrote up.......my copy which was the last carbon....was blank. She didn't press hard enough, so I really needed to have what they loaded, so I used my printer to make copies, which caused me time and money, so that was her tip. Oh well.

I was told yesterday that they would arrive between 9 - 9:30. At 8:45 I heard the truck pulling up. The driver told me that he would have to turn around so he will be right back. 15 minutes later they were ready to pack up the truck. The two men came in and went over with me what was to be packed and what was to be left behind, since all in my apartment wasn't going on the truck. They didn't have the original cube sheet that was written up prior to the move, nor did I see the sheet where Bill had told them that I would have 7 extra boxes. They didn't complain about the stuff that was to be moved and moved everything that I had told them was going. They seemed to take care in loading. I labled the boxes FRAGILE and they carried them onto the truck like any other box. I peeked inside the van once in a while and noticed they were pretty careful in placing the boxes to fit like puzzle pieces. The whole loading process took 1 1/2 hours. I did notice that my handtruck was lying on the floor next to theirs. I mentioned to them that the orange handtruck is mine. He said he knew and it didn't have rubber wheels like the one he uses and mine was old. And we both said at the same time. "But it works" I think it was still lying on the floor when they closed up the truck........( i just looked at the inventory list) THE HANDTRUCK ISN'T ON THERE as far as I can tell. That will be one thing I will look for at the destination. If I don't get my handtruck, that will be the driver's tip. ( I told Bill of this site, and I hope he reads this) Since the inventory list had to be copied the move took an extra 20 minutes. I ended up tipping the driver and the helper $20 each. I was using MM guidelines of $3 - $5 an hour per man. I told the driver that there would be more for him at the other end. I also had bottled water for them.

I wasn't too happy with the time it would take for him to get my things to Pensacola. My load was placed in the front of the truck. He has to pick up another load tomorrow and then he has to unload on Saturday and do another pick-up and unload before he can get my things off the truck. We are looking at the end of next week or the beginning of the following week. It was my mistake because I didn't read what Bill had written as the delivery date til now. It said 11/1 -10/05 He verbally told me 3 - 7 days. I was told by Jondav who had used Certified that what they had written may not end up being the delivery date. In my case what I was told and what was written were two different dates. Bill had said if anything was wrong or if I had any questions, I could call him and he would try to make it right. I may end up calling him on that. It is a good thing though that whatever I put on the truck I do not need right away. But what if I did. BTW the truck was an ATLAS truck, but didn't say Certified on it. This truck I was told would be the one that will be used to deliver my goods. As it is seen now, no shuttle will be needed.I opted to pay the move using my credit card. This way I can get reward points to use for a dinner etc. I felt that using the CC would discount the move for me a little. The driver (David) lives in Florida and my items were caught on his return to Florida. David told me not to fill in the amount to be charged on the CC because the amount may be less or more. I told him it may be less, but it can't be more because it was a GNTE estimate. He said I was right. Then I noticed on his paperwork, it just said estimate and the amount. I told him it didn't say GNTE and he said it says that on all of his other paperwork. I have it saying that on all of mine also and I even had Certified's office e-mail me a letter stating that when the amended contract just had Binding written next to the amount. What I have found is the moving companies use their own terms to mean the same thing. Bill said his binding is my GNTE. But anyway they were accomodating and worded the amended contract the way I wanted it to read.

I guess I can say I am happy with Certified. Now the waiting.............hope what went on the truck comes off in good condition. I will report again when I hear the status. I have the driver's cell and he has mine also. I will update along the way, as well as continuing to read the threads and offer my input.

Sorry for the long post.........Thanks again ALL for all your help.

nyaccent

Re: Certified Transportation Group (Atlas) 1/2 of review

Postby nyaccent » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:54 pm

Update: I called up Certified and told them of the missing handtruck on the inventory sheet, as far as I can tell. It may have been called something else. Jeff told me he will alert the driver and it will be placed and marked on the inventory sheet. I'll keep you informed.

Also i mentioned to Jeff ( I think he is the dispatcher) that the delivery of my things won't be til the end of next week or the beginning of the following week. I told him cause another load has to be picked up and then another one delivered and then one picked up and dropped off first because of the position my things are in the truck. He told me it should make no difference and will check on the delivery time, possibly getting my things earlier than 2 wks.

Postby 23 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:41 am

Keep us posted.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:42 am

Thanks so much for posting all this detail. We are looking forward to seeing the second half of your report on Certified.

Return to “Open Community”