Tallahassee, FL to Asheville, NC move (AAA Countrywide Vans)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Marci

Tallahassee, FL to Asheville, NC move (AAA Countrywide Vans)

Postby Marci » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:42 pm

I am moving in 3 weeks to Asheville. I got a nice estimate from AAA Countrywide Vans. Anyone know anything about them? If so, could you recommend another moving company??

Diane

Re: Tallahassee, FL to Asheville, NC move (AAA Countrywide V

Postby Diane » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:49 pm

Do not use. See this thread and the one pointed to there - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4902

For Tallahassee, we have a good report about Aadvantage (North American).
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4243 (interstate)
If cost is a concern, I suggest that you consider using the freight company Broadway Express at www.broadwayexpress.net. There are more than 160 mostly rave reviews on a sticky at the top of the message board.

somegirldc

Postby somegirldc » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:58 pm

I just had this company booked for a move from Tallahassee to Virginia. They were four days late, each day promising me a new time the next day. They didn't even apologize for the inconveniences and extra expense they caused me. THey were supposed to pick up my stuff on Wednesday or Thursday, but the driver did not show up until Saturday night. At that point I had left messages cancelling my move with them (the offices were closed at a time I was assured it would be open). I ended up hiring someone for twice the price but who wasn't going to screw me over :P The experience was just so bad and bizarre it was almost funny. almost.

PMueller

Postby PMueller » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:04 pm

There is a good provider in the Tallahassee area, they have taken over a failing office and made vast improvements. The company should be listed as Browning Moving & Storage, agent for United Van Lines. They have another office in Central Florida that was formerly a Fister Moving & Storage office. They will be happy to come and do an in home estimate, discuss your concerns and options, and will provide an accurate not to exceed estimate. (Just to clarify, I do not work for United Van Lines, but represent a competitor.)

PMueller

Postby PMueller » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:05 pm

Sorry, just saw the original post was in October! My guess is they have already moved!

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:20 am

Thanks anyway, Pam; I added Browning to my summary post listing reputable Florida movers - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 7170#47170
Its former name seems to have been Middlebrooks Relocation; if you could confirm this, it would be good.

PMueller

Postby PMueller » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:11 pm

You are correct!

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:26 pm

Thanks. Just a note that Browning doesn't appear to be listed on www.safersys.org and neither does Middlebrooks. Therefore I was hampered when I tried to check on trucks, licensing, and so on. When I looked up the phone number listed for Browning on various websites, it came up on www.bbb.org as the number for Middlebrooks, which has an OK rating with the BBB. I'm just mentioning this in case sometime tries to research Browning in the future and comes up blank.

I'm also adding Fister to my summary post. "23" praised it as well.

PMueller

Postby PMueller » Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:59 am

Diane, the location in Lakeland, FL has changed names to Browning also. They are slowly but surely getting all trucks updated and have finally removed the old Fister sign in front of their building! Randy Browning acquired this location at least 6 months ago, although I think it was even longer. Randy was the General Manager while it was Fister.

Postby 23 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:47 am

Diane,

Fister is actually Browning United now. Randy Browning purchased them about a year ago and has changed their name.

Sorry for the confusion, Pam is correct.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:30 am

Thanks for the update - the problem is that neither Browning nor Middlebrooks is listed on www.safersys.org; only Fister Moving is listed (with DOT #882348). Also Browning is (I guess) too new to be listed with the BBB. So anyone looking them up to check how many trucks they have or safety violations is not going to be able to find Browning. Maybe one of you could ask Randy what his new DOT numbers are going to be in the two locations, and also his MC numbers if he will have his own interstate licensing authority. This would save time for customers researching the two companies in the future. He doesn't seem to have a website and maybe he should develop one--there is an old listing on the Verizon Superpages under Browning Lakeland for www.myqualitymovers.com but the link doesn't work. Also, just so you know, he is advertising Browning Tallahassee on www.123movers.com.

Postby 23 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:16 pm

I spoke with Randy, his company is Fister United DBA Browning Moving & Storage.

So Diane is on the right track, all records will indicate Fister, not Browning.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:55 pm

But I guess the one in Tallahassee is called Browning, not Middlebrooks (?). Anyway, I listed phone numbers for both companies that I got off the Internet so hopefully this will be enough for people to find them.

Postby 23 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:37 pm

Diane,

This is what Randy sent me:

Just a little information about us, to clarify the confusion, the Lakeland office is Fister Moving & Storage, Inc, D/B/A Browning Moving & Storage, the Tallahassee office was Middlebrooks Relocation Systems, Inc. and was Merged with Browning Moving & Storage, Inc. this week. Our company uses one website for both locations, and that is, www.BrowningMoving.com. Both offices are members of the BBB, the local chambers,the local Association of Realtors, the AMSA, the Florida Movers and Warehousemen's Association (of which I am an elected director of the board) and all of our hhgds relocation people are AMSA certified or required to within 6 months of employment with the Browning Companies. Additionally, we have discontinued the use of the myqualitymovers.com site.

I think that sums it all up!

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:37 pm

Just FYI, I couldn't make the Browning website link work.

Return to “Open Community”