ALERT - avoid B. Viva Moving (Brooklyn, NY)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
CharlieZ

ALERT - avoid B. Viva Moving (Brooklyn, NY)

Postby CharlieZ » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:08 pm

Any recent info on this mover?

Re: B.Viva Moving

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:35 am

I do NOT recommend using this company. They promised me I'd have my stuff in 7 days max...well, their truck broke down, and instead of renting another truck, or whatever needed to be done, they simply let me stuff sit in Brooklyn (I am from Baltimore) while they repaired it. I am sure I am not the only one who's stuff was on that truck. No one bothered to contact me to tell me what the delay was. It took dozens of calls on my part before I could ever get someone to give me the straight story. Once I did finally get a hold of Leo, he kept delaying the delivery day and was very rude and unhelpful. The move was supposed to occur before Christmas...it is now Dec. 27 and I still do not have my stuff. They are offering a whopping $100 discount on the total move price. This is supposed to compensate the cost of me having to put my entire family in hotel rooms over the holidays and having to rent furniture for my house.
I learned my lesson...go with a reputable mover, who has several extra trucks on hand.

BK

Postby BK » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:30 am

I was just on the phone with them. Their prices are so much better. Did your stuff arrive safely? Has anyone else used them?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:33 am

Their prices are better because they really want your business. This is what's called a "low-ball" quote. These will 99.99999999% of the time end up as much as or higher than the other mover's you've talked to.

What kind of a price difference are you talking about? What were some of the higher quotesw?

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:36 am

Do you have any experience with B Viva?

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:39 am

B. Viva in Brooklyn (MC #466381) had a license revocation in 2004 and lists only 3 trucks and 2 drivers on www.safersys.org. AVOID.

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:44 am

Wow. Where do yous ee the license revocation? I don't see it on teh link you provided. Thank so much for your help.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:50 am

http://li-public.fmcsa.dot.gov/LIVIEW/p ... gal_name=B.^VIVA^MOVING,^INC.&pv_pref_docket=
MC466381&pv_usdot_no=1166465&pv_vpath=LIVIEW

The revocation was for only a month and was probably related to lack of insurance but it is still a bad sign. We recommend that companies be licensed to do interstate moves for at least 5 and preferably 10 years. This company's authority is too recent. In addition, if you do a search on this website on "B. Viva" you will see it mentioned as being located in the same building as American MoveAid, a known scammer.

Although there are no complaints except for the one on this thread, I urge you to pay attention to the opinion of the volunteers here. We know what we are talking about. You will have a very bad move if you go with this company.
Last edited by Diane on Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:36 am

Thank you VERY much.

The other companies I"m considering are Mayflower and Allied (Astro). Does anyone know anything about them? Thanks again.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:17 pm

Where are you moving to and which Mayflower agent are you considering? Dahill in Brooklyn is very good, according to reviews posted here and my own personal opinion. Pam Mueller (a sales rep for Allied) has said that Astro is also good - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6906 (last post in thread).
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Garry

Postby Garry » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:42 am

I've just used this half assed company for a move from NJ to AZ...Almost everything I own is broken or scratched. They will not return any calls to me. Their driver even assaulted me on the way out. They did not re assemble any of the furniture and they could not wait to get out of here.
STAY AWAY !!!!!!!!

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:44 am

Gary, can you leave some more details, and consider filing a complaint at this site (see top right of this page)?

Garry

Re: ALERT - avoid B. Viva Moving (Brooklyn, NY)

Postby Garry » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:58 am

Ch :evil: arlieZ wrote:Any recent info on this mover?

I just used them, see my comment under Garry. Steer clear of this company....Horrible....

Garry

Postby Garry » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:16 am

MusicMom wrote:Gary, can you leave some more details, and consider filing a complaint at this site (see top right of this page)?

Absolutely...feel free to email me directly garrynchar@gmail.com and I will give you any and all details...I will file a complaint, did not realize I could do that, thanks!! :lol:

Bviva stinks

Re: ALERT - avoid B. Viva Moving (Brooklyn, NY)

Postby Bviva stinks » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:22 pm

CharlieZ wrote:Any recent info on this mover?

Dont use this company. They are rude and will not call you back. They have had my stuff for 3 weeks and I still have no idea when it will arive. I have encountered weeks of hotel expenses with no end in site and no delivery date. This has been one of the worst experiences with any company I have ever had. I wonder if I will ever recieve my belongings.

Return to “Open Community”