Boston to San Francisco - Movers/Auto Transport - My 2 Cents

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
nerissw

Boston to San Francisco - Movers/Auto Transport - My 2 Cents

Postby nerissw » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:19 pm

I used this message board extensively when planning our Boston to San Francisco move, so I wanted to add my 2 cents for anyone who might be looking for advice for a similar move.

We looked at numerous moving companies and settled on Rainbow Movers (affiliate of North America Van Lines) after reading horror stories on this site. They were great - the estimate process was much more professional than the smaller companies we had contacted, and they were always very responsive to questions. The move went smoothly, stuff arrived on time, the driver was great. I should note that they did break a television, and we're still in the process of trying to get reimbursed for that (it's only been 2 weeks).

As for auto transport, we chose TNT even though it was much more expensive because of recommendations we'd read on the site. They gave a very long potential delivery period (2.5 weeks), and the car is still more than one week late. They were good initially at providing updates, but now I have to call them - but you can still get them on the phone and find out where the car is. They have promised to pay $25/day towards our rental car for the time beyond their promised delivery date, which is something, although not much towards a mini-van rental. We have yet to see if they come through with this - or if our car does really arrive by next week (2 weeks late) and intact. So.. I would probably not use this company again...

Diane

Re: Boston to San Francisco - Movers/Auto Transport - My 2 C

Postby Diane » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:51 pm

Thank you so much for coming back to report. I've added your positive remarks about Rainbow to our "Boston area movers" summary post and I've added your not-so-positive remarks about Tn'T to our Auto Transporters sticky, so they will help people for a long time to come.

Guest123

Postby Guest123 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:09 am

Would somebody post the link to this "Boston area movers summary" post.
I tried searching for this in the Search page, but was unsuccessful.

Thanks in advance.

Diane

Postby Diane » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:16 am

It's here - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 7014#47014

We have debated whether we should post a list of these links somewhere on this website. There is resistance because some volunteers think that consumers should do their own research rather than being spoon-fed reviews from a list. We do hope that people will read this article rather than just relying on a list. As a matter of principle, MovingScam.com does not endorse any full-service moving company. The lists are there simply to give people some guidance as to which companies have good reviews and comments on this website.

Return to “Open Community”