has anyone heard of beverly hills transfer and storage?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
hyland

has anyone heard of beverly hills transfer and storage?

Postby hyland » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:35 pm

They are an allied agent---i'm trying to decide between them and broadway express.Diane you were right,allied(using beverly hills transfer and storage is around $3000.Broadway is about $1800.I need to fly out to LA to meet whoever at my storage locker. If broadway I will have to hire movers there also to load and probaby rent a truck,as I dont think the semi will fit all the way in the storage.With beverly hills transfer,they will load the stuff,and he says that if the truck is a reasonable distance from storage locker they wont need a shuttle.(200 to 300 ft.)But I think it's the driver's call.This is kinda stressing me out.
Hyland

Diane

Re: has anyone heard of beverly hills transfer and storage?

Postby Diane » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:48 pm

People might want to look at your prior thread to see your overall situation - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6605

Now that I know your quotes (I see that I made a pretty good guess!) I have another idea for you. Why don't you call Moovers, Inc. to see whether they could fit you in. They might be able to move you without your being at the storage unit. The owners were trained by the people at Delancey Street Movers, which did that for someone else. The reason I suggest them is that you are on their preferred route and they do very good work for a somewhat lower price than other full-service moving companies. This is their review thread - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4655 I think it would at least be worth a phone call.

Otherwise, BH Transfer is very good. You can search on "Beverly Hills" in quotation marks and probably find at least one review. I seem to remember that there were one or two.

Also, if you use BE you could call Delancey Street-Los Angeles to see whether they could supply loaders and a small truck to access the storage unit. As I said above, it's not impossible that they could load you on the BE truck without your returning to CA. They did this for someone else recently. See this thread - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2377 If you call them, ask for Kelly or his supervisor. The main problem with them is that they may be too busy with their Christmas tree lots to send workers to the storage unit at this time of year.

hyland

Postby hyland » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:57 pm

Thanks for your help Diane,I'm making the call.
Hyland

hyland

Postby hyland » Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:55 pm

Hi Diane,
I called moovers,inc.Got a quote from Matt for $2360 for 3500 lbs.That's about $700 cheaper than beverly hills transfer so I think i'm going to go with them.Another good thing is that they will pick up on a sunday,and I have a friend who said he could meet them on a sunday at my storage locker.
My only question is,like beverly hills transfer,moovers say they cant give me a binding estimate because they wont be seeing my stuff before they pick it up.He said they'll weigh the truck after they pick up my stuff.I told him my concern about price increase,and he said he could put on the contract"not to exceed 4000 lbs". Does this sound ok?
Thanks for all your help!
Hyland

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:07 pm

Hi - the quote sounds GREAT. Usually when companies move people out of storage they won't put a cap on the estimate, but Moovers has given you the equivalent of a GNTE. And you won't have to pay for a plane ticket to return to CA either. Please, please, come back to let us know how it goes so we can keep the Moovers review thread current. That's all I ask. :D

hyland

Postby hyland » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:44 pm

ok--i will let you know how this goes from start to finish.
Thanks again,
Hyland
:)

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:55 pm

Just make sure that your friend really goes to the storage locker and doesn't stand them up because Matt is going the extra mile for you and I'll never hear the end of it if that happens. :wink:

hyland

Postby hyland » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:30 pm

No problem.I'll fill you in after the pick up next sunday. :)

Fred0844

Postby Fred0844 » Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:10 pm

Just a clarification on what you are being quoted. Are you being told that the price is $2360 as long as the shipment does not exceed 4000 lbs. Ie. "I am guarenteeing you that if the shipment does not exceed 4000 lbs. your price will not exceed $ 2360" But what happens if it weighs 6000 lbs.

Moovers, from what I have read on this site seem a respectable company so do not take this as a reflection on them but a word to the wise about the way contracts are worded.

I am telling you that "I will guarentee you that if your shipment weighs 4000 lbs the price will be $ 3000"' What I am not saying, but implying, is that if the shipment weighs 5000lbs the price could be $ 4000 and if it weighs 6000 lbs it could be$ 5000

Return to “Open Community”