PODS move Boston to Tampa success

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Gonegolfing

PODS move Boston to Tampa success

Postby Gonegolfing » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:44 am

I want to give a raving review to PODS. Moved from Boston to Tampa using 2 pods. The pods customer service was impeccable. Scheduling was spot on. The containers were brand new, and the way they pick them up and drop them off is truly impressive and fun to watch. They keep it completely level, which I did not expect.

I wish I could say the same for the loading help (Blodgett express) in Boston. I used them in the past and I know they have rave reviews, but I would warn anyone that cares about their belongings to stay away. They did not follow instruction's, were not careful when packing, did not properly take apart furniture, and as a result broke my washing machine and destroyed my bedroom night stand. I am yet to get a reply whether they will pay for any of the damage. I think this has something to do with the father of the family business about to retire. I just did not sense that they cared as much as they did when I used them to unload a year ago.

MusicMom

Re: PODS move Boston to Tampa success

Postby MusicMom » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:01 am

Can I ask what your cost was? To my knowledge, you are the first person to have used PODS to report here. Many others have said their prices were exorbitant in comparison to other container shippers, so I just want to see what the end bill was.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:55 am

Yes, please give us the details about cost. And thanks for the cautionary note about Blodgett.

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:31 pm

The cost for 2 pods was about $5300, including 2 months storage. There is an online estimator and it is very exact. Each additional pod would have been another $1K.

I got a aquote for slightly less than that for 30' of space on Broadway Express, but decided that the flexibility and included storage of PODS was worth it. When Blodgett was done packing, we thought we were going to need another pod, so I called Pods and they were ready to deliver an additional Pod the next business day. Luckily my friends and I re-packed 1/2 of one of the PODS and were able to get the stuff in. It was great having the option to add pods at a realtively low cost.

The fexibility of having the PODS dropped off and picked up at our convenience was the key feature. PODS called and emailed with exact time frames before every pick-up and drop-off, and they always arrived on time.

Diane wrote:Yes, please give us the details about cost. And thanks for the cautionary note about Blodgett.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:50 pm

Gracias!

movinsoon

Postby movinsoon » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:52 pm

Anonymous wrote:
The fexibility of having the PODS dropped off and picked up at our convenience was the key feature. PODS called and emailed with exact time frames before every pick-up and drop-off, and they always arrived on time.

A great worry free service! sometimes they can be on the high side of quotes but well worth the convinience and security IMO

dd

Postby dd » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:04 am

Thanks for all the info...been curious about PODS for our move to MI. I'm a little skeptical about what they estimate for size...can't imagine our 1300 ft2 house contents would fit in even the biggest sized pod. How many bedrooms/ft2 of stuff did you move? And it took two pods?

Thanks.

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:04 pm

povphile

Postby povphile » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:13 pm

Diane wrote:Another good report on PODS here - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10449

Sorry about putting that in the wrong forum Diane.

Glad to hear your move with PODS went well. I have talked to several people looking to move and have recommended they come here first, then call PODS.
Don't argue with a fool, people may not be able to tell the difference.

Return to “Open Community”