ALERT - avoid Gibraltar Van Lines (Montclair, NJ)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

ALERT - avoid Gibraltar Van Lines (Montclair, NJ)

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:46 pm

What ever you do, don't use this firm. They will quote you low, as they did with my mother who is a senior citizen. Once they have your goods, then the extortion starts: your goods exceeds X amount of weight. Your total bill is way above the original quote. To make a long story short, her bill were several thousands higher than the original quotation. And now the arduous task of filing complaints and seeking recompense. Oh, the owner Bill Asmuth had the audacity to state in a later "I don't won't to hear of anymore complaints." This firm is filled with outright thugs...

Diane

Re: ALERT - avoid Gibraltar Van Lines (Montclair, NJ)

Postby Diane » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:52 am

There is an old thread indicating that Gibraltar Van Lines in Montclair (MC #180510) is a very bad company - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=752 Someone probably working for the company came on this board last month to try to recommend it - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6480

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:04 pm

Anonymous wrote:Whatever you do, don't use this firm. They will quote you low, as they did with my mother who is a senior citizen. Once they have your goods, then the extortion starts: your goods exceeds X amount of weight. Your total bill is way above the original quote. To make a long story short, her bill were several thousands higher than the original quotation. And now the arduous task of filing complaints and seeking recompense. Oh, the owner Bill Asmuth had the audacity to state in a later "I don't won't to hear of anymore complaints." This firm is filled with outright thugs...

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:03 am

How do they get away with this!

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:19 pm

Bring it to the top!

Lakingfish

Postby Lakingfish » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:57 pm

These guys are absolute thugs. They practice out and out extortion. They tried to double the price after they had my property then wanted me to pay cash without them giving me a receipt. These are bad dudes do not have anything to do with them!!!

Return to “Open Community”