ALERT - avoid emoveusa.com or Stealth Moving (WA)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
blakestatn

ALERT - avoid emoveusa.com or Stealth Moving (WA)

Postby blakestatn » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:03 am

I'm planning a move from Seattle to Chicago. Has anyone heard of or had any trouble with EMoveUsa.com (other names used are Stealth Moving). They have also done business as Mike the Mover.

Everything is checking out great with them, but am just doing my homework.

Thanks for any insights,

Geoff

MusicMom

Re: emoveusa.com or Stealth Moving or Mike the Mover

Postby MusicMom » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:35 am

Joe the Mover.

There was a four month license revocation in 2003-04, and they have an unstaisfactory rating at the BBB for unanswered complaints, all 6 of which were in this past year. More importantly, they are too small to be able to handle such a long-distance move. They have only four trucks, so any time they spend getting to to Chicago means one quarter of their fleet is out of commission. In our history here, often such small companies will subcontract long moves to another mover whom you have not heard of nor approved of. What else bothers me is the red box on thier homepage that says there is a $500 deposit. You should not have to pay a deposit (with a few exceptions in major cities) to any mover. They also areo offering to move automobiles, but that requires a separate license that they do not have.

goinghome

Postby goinghome » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:48 am

We are moving from Seattle to Milwaukee. Did you ever decide on this company? How did they do? I would love to hear what you decided.
I was a little concerned about size and BBB report as well.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:59 am

For the same reasons, you should not use Stealth Moving/ Joe the Mover, either.

The WA BBB is acting up right now, but I suggest you check them out. Search for Stealth Moving, there's only one in the country. See if there are more than 6 complaints now. Anything more would have been added since December 6.

newgal

Postby newgal » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:21 pm

check BBB again they only have 2 against them. I did a move with them they were great! My stuff came on time, they were very helpful!

MrsWa.P.County

Postby MrsWa.P.County » Thu May 18, 2006 8:46 pm

eMoveUSA is not Mike the mover nor Joe the mover any more. And never
was Mike the Mover. Joe the mover was a local moving company and was sold in 2002 and is now Seattle-Tacoma Moving, and has nothing to do with eMoveUSA/Stealth Moving.com. Although Stealth Moving has 6 complaints with the BBB, that is a small handfull of temporally unsastified customers. We checked 15 refferals of customers they moved in last 30-45 days and they all gave high praise and said this small independant company knew what they were doing and cost less than major vanlines.
And we will use them again. Thay saved us money and the communication
between us and them was better then we expected. We moved from Sea. to Fl. They move over 100 people a month around the country, anyone knows with that many customers you can't fully please everyone.
Don't be scared of these guys, their also insured by Lloyds of London,
which doesn't come cheap. eMoveUSA is a reputable mover and I'm a witness. :D

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri May 19, 2006 2:28 pm

Are you a customer or an employee of Stealth Moving? Customers are not privy to BBB complaint natures.

Stealth Moving also employs drivers that can't seem to keep it together. Falsifying records, driving a truck while disqualified, speeding, running lights, and drug AND alcohol use tickets on the same day.

The BBB complaints, and the Unsatisfactory rating, would not be so much of an issue if you had taken the time to respond to ALL complaints, not just 5 of them.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri May 19, 2006 2:30 pm

And please tell us under what authority you ship automobiles? There is no Motor Property license associated with Stealth Moving/EMoveUSA.

my move was a disaster!

Postby my move was a disaster! » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:33 pm

it sounds to me like one of the owners. MrsWa.P.County has to much recorded information...I got the same line when I talked to Jay on the phone before I made the mistake of hiring them for our move. We were moving from Kent WA to Chicago IL. We gave them a deposit of $850 and once they had some of our money they changed. I called numerous times to ask valid questions and only got their voicemails. When Jay finally called me back he asked me if I was hot, not exactly a business conversation. I found it inappropriate and rude. Their movers showed up on the job and it was only more trouble. They were rude and dirty. One of the movers had a puppy who peed on my carped in the home we were moving out of. The other walked in with a cigarette and I had to ask him to take it out side. I watched as they threw out things on the trailer floor without actually packing it in. It's a wonder I have any glass items left. I too called some of their references, but I think like any smart business owner they are only going to give the satisfied customers numbers. Why would they jeopardize their names. It took them 4 weeks to deliver my things. They told me it would be there within 10 days. We had to buy a lot of new things that were unavailable to us during the move. I tried to call Joe (also one of the owners) it took him nearly a week before he called us back and I just wanted to know when to expect our stuff. We paid a price for a job that they offered and they didn't hold up their end of the deal. I am just glad we got our stuff even if we had to wait nearly 3 weeks longer than they told us. They need to watch out or BBB will be breathing down their neck every day. DO NOT USE EMOVEUSA/STEALTHMOVING!!!!! It would be a huge MISTAKE!

Another Emoveusa disaster

Postby Another Emoveusa disaster » Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:28 pm

The posting about the move from Kent, WA closely matches our experience with Emoveusa. We moved from Seattle to the East Coast. Once our deposit was taken, all pretense of customer service and professionalism ended. We selected Emoveusa.com because we were promised a three day delivery window. This was extremely important to us and was the basis of our selection of this company. Our possessions were not delivered doing the promised window and we slept on the floor and only had what was in our luggage for two weeks. We repeatedly called to find out when our possessions would be delivered; we either got their voicemail or were told they would check and call back, but NOT ONCE did we receive a call back to answer our questions or advise us when to expect delivery.

When our possessions finally did arrive, the driver did not have the bill of lading/inventory of goods that had been created at the time of loading. We verified that one had been created but the crew that loaded the truck took off without giving us a copy. I tried to hold our cashiers check until after our items were moved in to the house so we could see what was missing. The driver called Joe on the phone and he was verbally abusive and threatened to keep our possessions if I did not sign for our delivery and give the driver the check. Our bed frames were all missing but these can be replaced. My grandmother’s china is also all missing. It is both financially and sentimentally irreplaceable. I am sure as we live here longer I will find other items missing.

Emoveusa.com got our business by making a false claim of a three day delivery window. They violated the American Moving and Storage Association’s own code of ethics by not providing a bill of lading and failing to communicate with us once they had our possessions. They treated us in an unprofessional and verbally abusive manner. Do not even consider using EmoveUSA/Stealth Moving.

glynnes

Postby glynnes » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:12 am

I am currently working on a claim against Premium Relocators and Stealth Movers. A more slipshod operation I've not run across. First I was told 7 to 10 days from Seattle, WA to Sanford, NC. It took 3 weeks and no one could ever tell me where they were at any given time. My things arrived broken, filthy dirty, and foul smelling from the drivers smoking in the back of the truck. I had to rewash EVERYthing, which I had just done before packing. There are a number of items missing. Some things were stolen, and I have boxes that aren't mine. The one packer flipped a box in the air while packing and shattered everything in the box. Not only did he make no effort to clean up the mess, he never even offered an apology. Most of the things in the box were extremely valuable and I'll never begin to be able to replace them. They also packed a lot of things that had been put aside to be thrown out. So I was charged for them packing and transporting trash. The one packer, who seemed to be in charge, sent the other one down to the truck to get his cigarettes and then thought he would light up in my apt. I convinced him he would do no such thing. After loading the truck, they were supposed to go to the weigh station and get back to me with a total weight and then a final cost. They did neither. Also, when they finally did arrive in NC they informed me of an additional charge for using a credit card. The same one that paid the deposit in Seattle. Nothing was said about this charge until then. They didn't bring enough boxes or tape and used what I had gotten, yet they still charged me as though they furnished the supplies. I want to take these thieves to court.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:09 am

So in addition to the damage, dirt, and extra charges for packing trash, etc, you also never got a weight ticket proving your load's size, and therefore the bill's validity? Ohh, big Federal no-no. You are required by law to receive copies of the Certified Weight Tickets. If they can't prove how much your load weighed, then their bill can't be enforced if you do take them to court. Consider it, small claims.

Call 1-888-DOT-SAFT to report Stealth, and be sure to include Premium Relocation's name as the broker you hired. Stealth's license numbers are DOT # 896364, and MC # 389873, and Premium Relocation's is MC # 525725 (and they've moved, I'll add the new address to their Blacklist report).

When did the move happen? Stealth had no interstate license between September 18 and November 30, 2006.

Then file complaints at all of these places:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9256

Screwed by emoveusa

Re: ALERT - avoid emoveusa.com or Stealth Moving (WA)

Postby Screwed by emoveusa » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:33 pm

I can't recommend strongly enough that you stay away from these "movers". We used them to move from the East coast to the West, and it was a disaster from start to finish. As soon as they have your items they lose any semblance of worth they ever had. We were not able to meet the movers and had friends do it, and they TRASHED our apartment during the move out. I don't want to go into many details, but it was disgusting. Then, while our stuff is in transit in their delivery window it extends, and extends, and extends. It was to the point that I called the police to ask how to file a theft report. We finally got our stuff and during the negotiations Joe was in-excusably rude to us. He kept flip-flopping answers and changing terms that were never discussed to avoid having to pay us back the money that he was contractually obligated to. The final straw was when we had said at the outset that we couldn't pay by cash, he had agreed we could use credit card. When we were trying to get him to give us a fair bill he said "Well, we're a business, I just don't know where that money will come from." I suggested the arbitration committee and he entirely changed the terms of our payment. He knew we did not have our stuff and said they were going to hold our items, and charge us for it until he was paid to his satisfaction.

I can not stress strongly enough that you stay away from these jokers. They're not a company, they're a scam that's looking for ways to screw you over at any chance.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:33 am

I am assuming that your name was supposed to be "screwed by emoveusa", since that's where you're posting, so I changed it so it didn't look like you were writing about a different company called "emove".

What do you have in writing with them? The contract is what's binding, not verbal back-and-forths.

ALAYA

Postby ALAYA » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:16 pm

Guys, DONOT EVEN CONSIDER EMOVEUSA. ITS THE WORST MOVING SERVICE. THERE PRICE QUOTES ARE FALSE BECAUSE THEY ASK YOU FOR MORE MONEY BEFORE DELIVERING YOUR STUFF. THEY'LL QUOTE SOMETHING AND ASKED THE DOUBLE AMOUNT FOR US. THEY DON'T HAVE ANY COMPENSATIONS FOR LATE DELIVERY/DAMAGES/LOST ITEMS. WE HAD THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. THEY TREATED US IN AN UNPROFESSIONAL AND VERBALLY ABUSIVE MANNER. DON'E EVEN CONSIDER THEM

I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE OTHER ONE.....

Return to “Open Community”