Moving companies in Northern NJ - Wade Odell Wade

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
rmonrose

Moving companies in Northern NJ - Wade Odell Wade

Postby rmonrose » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:14 pm

I need to move some valuable antiques from Manhattan and store them in a warehouse for a year or two. I got the name of Wade Odell Wade in Parramus, NJ from Epinions but the site didn't post any reviews. Has anyone used them for a similar move? I'd like to hear from anyone who has information about them.

Diane

Re: Moving companies in Northern New Jersey

Postby Diane » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:43 pm

Hi - we don't have any reviews of Wade Odell Wade as yet but people I trust at University Van Lines in Rahway (one of its competitors) have told me that the company is very good. Another name to consider is University itself since they handle many antiques for both domestic and international shipments. I have visited their warehouse and have seen how things are wrapped and stored there, and I know all of the people at the company. This is their review thread - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3063

rmonrose

Postby rmonrose » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:48 pm

Thank you, Diane. I had read the reviews of University so I know they are supposed to be very good. I got an estimate from them. Their storage was more expensive and the move farther away than Wade Odell do I was looking for a comparison. I will probably talk to them again and see if I can negotiate anything. If you hear of anything else on Wade Odell, please let me know.

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:53 pm

Actually I did a search and I found that someone did post brief remarks about Wade Odell Wade, here - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3661 - and that thread also contains a few other nuggets about their estimator and so on. Nothing about storage per se, but it might reassure you.

If you would be willing to store your things in Brooklyn, someone posted that the storage at Dahill (Mayflower) is very good, and also I have personally seen the storage at Moving Man (Wheaton) on 150th St. in Manhattan. They have actual stone vaults in addition to more modern wooden containers, and the facility is immaculate.

Radiance

Postby Radiance » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:32 pm

I have used Wade Odell Wade several times - for local moves within northern NJ, and then for a cross-country move in late 2004 - and was very happy with them. I found them to be professional, on-time and I don't believe their prices exceeded the estimate. I did not move anything valuable like antiques, but only once did I have something damaged in those several moves, but it was a cheap piece of do-it-yourself furniture and they actually warned me ahead of time that because of the condition of it, it might not make it in one piece.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:44 pm

Thanks so much. When I do an update of my NYC movers article for Epinions (below), I'll refer to your comments.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

rmonrose

Re: Moving companies in Northern NJ - Wade Odell Wade

Postby rmonrose » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:54 pm

thank you for the report on your experience with Wade Odell Wade. I am feeling better and better about having chosen them. I will report back after my move.

Return to “Open Community”