Manchester Movers, Manchester CT

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
jfiske

Manchester Movers, Manchester CT

Postby jfiske » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:10 am

Disreputable at best. Had sketchy characters moving our things. Much was broken. Price quoted was supposed to have been for 1 overnight and the delivery. At delivery they wanted more because they misquoted and needed two trucks. Company refused to pay for what they broke because we didn't pay them twice what they quoted us.

aquateen

Re: Manchester Movers, Manchester CT

Postby aquateen » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:35 am

Perhaps they should go on the blacklist? My mom used them. Picking up in Hartford CT she said there were no problems. Upon getting her stuff in Portland OR, the driver came and said he had to go find help. He came back with a drug addict and a guy so fat that he didn't do anything. My mom had to follow them around so as not to steal anything. She had a piano and they refused to move it into her house. She had to round up a group of neighbors, whom she hardly knew to help her with the piano. I told her that I would post her feedback for her. She also said a box of books was missing, and they damaged her TV. The truck that picked her up was not the truck that dropped off her stuff. She has no idea who it was who dropped off her stuff.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:18 am

Sorry, but that's not enough to get a company on the Blacklist. There has to be a history of hostage loads or an actual scam going on, and what you listed wasn't either of those.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:45 am

When a company repeatedly provides poor-quality service but doesn't appear to be intentionally scamming people by putting them in hostage load situations, we give it a :thumbsdown: on the Superlist.

Return to “Report A Scam”