Mega Movers experience?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
virginia

Mega Movers experience?

Postby virginia » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:18 pm

I am moving locally (20 miles or so) within VA. Has anyone had any experiences with Mega Movers? I found them off of vanlines.com. Their info is:

info@megamovers.net
301-468-9161
800-535-4577

Address: 5701 Luxemburg Street, Rockville, MD, 20852
License: USDOT No. 1157340

Thanks!

MusicMom

Re: Mega Movers experience?

Postby MusicMom » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:57 pm

They don't look too good. Two license revocations in two years. No BBB report available, being updated. One truck and driver. Found them on Vanlines.com.

I would suggest for a local move to call JK Moving, Beltway Movers, and Town & Country. They've all had good reviews here.

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:01 pm

MusicMom..

I'm not sure if you remember me off hand - but I worked for "Mega Move" (Norco, CA). We had exchanged several replies reguarding the company. Well I thought I would update you on what's going on with Mega Move.

The company is now out of business. Corrupt management ran the company into the ground and has been closed since January of this year. Turns out you were absolutely right about the company being shady. Mega Move owes the vanlines we were using hundreds of thousands of dollars, and now the owner has a federal warrant out for him.

How can I back this up? I worked for mega move as a "customer service rep.". In other words I was the guy that would give you estimates over the phone. From what I understand, when an estimate is given, we give a flexable price quote based on a standard discount. Most companies start at about 56%, and I believe we were aloud to do up to 62% off (which in moving costs could be the difference of thousands of dollars). Anyhow, slow season came and we were desperate for moves. I was told to offer illegal discounts up to 69% to our "Katrina Victim" customers. Of course we couldn't deliever the price we quoted. Typical bait and switch tactics were used.

All I can say, with the experience i have now - I would never use a booking agent to help me move. Booking agents are liars and theives of the worst kind. Feel free to share what I've told you with anyone if it interests you. For the sake of my safety I will not be signing this, rather I just hope you remember me from our previous talks.

Like you said to me once before, "If a company is really a good company, then their work will show for it" Not in those exact words, but something to that effect. Anyhow, to anyone else reading this - MusicMom really knows her stuff, and her advice is golden.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:06 pm

Wow...

Wynn is the one with a warrant out? No wonder he never responded to my emails. Duh to me!

Please, contact me via PM if you'd like to talk more.

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:51 pm

No.. as far as I understand Wynn hasn't had anything to do with Mega Move for sometime now. Craig Lynch is the one they want.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:06 pm

Oh, that's new to me. THanks for the update!

Return to “Open Community”