Horrible Move with Planes/United

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
zulu

Horrible Move with Planes/United

Postby zulu » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:52 pm

Please save yourself the trouble and avoid dealing with Planes/United when moving! We finished a move in December 2005 that we are still arguing about with Planes/United that was brutal. The company was grossly understaffed on both ends of the move for packing, loading and unloading. The driver got lost coming into Chicago from Cincinnatti and lost going to Knoxville from Cincinnatti (went to Nashville, 200 miles away, instead!). We had crew members litterally walk off the job at both ends of the move. The majority of the workers were rude and took little care with our home (tracking large quantities of mud on the carpets for example). But they did get paid - contrary to what sales people told us would happen, they billed our credit card $9k 3 days in advance of doing anything! In fairness to date they have paid $85 for a hotel stay. Thanks a lot. We had three 13 hour days with this company and loads of stress for what they billed as a "corporate move". If your thinking of using Planes/United for your move; think twice. :shock:

Diane

Re: Horrible Move with Planes/United

Postby Diane » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:05 pm

Hi - I'm sorry to hear about this bad experience. Planes actually has pretty good reviews and comments here, so I'm surprised - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 9609#49609

Also, I would have expected that a corporate move paid for by an employer (if that's what it was) would have gone well. Charging the credit card in advance for a move paid for by an individual is standard for most agents, I think. I gather that you were moving Cincinnati to Knoxville but I am unsure how Chicago got into the mix (?). More details would be welcome.

If you can sign up for membership here and send me your last name in a PM, I will have my contact at Planes United look into this, which could possibly help.

blue

Re: Horrible Move with Planes/United

Postby blue » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:48 pm

Diane, I think 'zulu' was actually moving from Chicago to Knoxville. The driver apparently was out of the Planes office in Cincinnati.

Return to “Open Community”