Desert Sun Moving, Phoenix, Arizona - Wheaton Van Lines

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
twodogmom

Desert Sun Moving, Phoenix, Arizona - Wheaton Van Lines

Postby twodogmom » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:45 pm

Desert Sun Moving made a mess of our shipment. We had to put our goods in storage. They were stored for 2 months. The shipment was to arrived between Dec. 2-5. On Nov. 30 we received the call that the driver of our load refused to pick up our goods. Wheaton then had to scramble to find another driver.

This driver picked up our stuff and delivered on Dec. 10. In the process, everything was taken apart. Parts were lost. They even took the handles off of the wheelbarrow and lost them. We had a hard time putting things together because bolts and screws had disappeared.

A tv went missing, and is still missing. The damages are extensive. An antique grandfather's clock took a major hit, as did stereo speakers. The area rugs look like they did "Riverdance" on them. Totally filthy and not usuable.

I am now waiting for the claims report. Wheaton prides itself on being the "official mover for Steinway". Ha!!! If Steinway could see my stuff, they would think twice about Wheaton.

This was an individual move, not a corporate one. Desert Sun and Wheaton could care less about the little guy. We don't carry any weight without those corporate contracts. I would never use them again. I'm having my husband build a crypt in the backyard so I won't have to move again.

randomtraveler

Re: Desert Sun Moving, Phoenix, Arizona - Wheaton Van Lines

Postby randomtraveler » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:34 pm

i have heard so many people having problems with them, thats really funny about the crypt! haha. I was not going to ever use them and im going to recommend to clients that they NOT be used.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:11 pm

randomtraveler,

I can't really add your comments to the Superlist unless you tell us who you are (mover/competitor, customer, Realtor?). This is too vague.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:18 am

The original poster made the post 2 years ago, and never came back, who knows, maybe she was made whole and was too embarrassed to come back and tell the 'rest of the story'. That was funny about the crypt though.

Jim

Postby Jim » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:59 pm

Hopefully, the crypt will be OK in the backyard. You know how people are just "dying" to get their hands on such things. :lol:
It's Sunny Somewhere In The World

Return to “Report A Scam”