WOW/ Chicago-Seattle

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Marina Q

WOW/ Chicago-Seattle

Postby Marina Q » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:58 pm

Where do I even start? I could not find my original post from back in early January but I will just go over what was written then and express my great experience with the company I chose.

I wrote a bulletin on hear about 2 months ago now regarding a move I had to make from Chicago, IL to Seattle, WA. I had a couple responses giving reputable agents in the Chicago area. I rec'd quotes from Nelson Westerberg-North American; Boyer Roseyne-Bekins; and Armstrong Relocation-United. It was very difficult to determine who to go with once having Bekins and North American out to my residence. I almost wanted to call Armstrong and cancel the appt because they were only able to come to my residence 5 days before my desired move date and had no availability before.

Once Armstrong's rep came to my residence to perform the walk thru, I was more than stressed with only 5 days left until I needed to be out of my residence. All companies promised me that they would hope to be able to accomodate me at last minute but couldn't promise a thing. But when Armstrong's rep(Gina) called me one day prior to the appt she did confirm they were able to accomodate almost anything and would make sure I was able to be out by my desired date. When the rep arrived, I was impressed by the technology she had and was able to leave me an estimate before leaving my residence; which was more than pertinent.

So, I will not bore you all with my experience, but once Gina(Armstrong) left my residence I called her cell phone advised her I would be going with Armstrong. She stated she would get my info into her coordinator with the dates that I had needed and that her coordinator would then be in touch with me to confirm everything. The next morning I rec'd a call from her coordinator(Amanda) advising she had the dates booked; advised me of the packers, and then also who the driver would be, etc. I was blown away. Literally, no exagerattion I almost fell out of my seat. I knew that this company is who impressed me most but for them to be so on top of things with such short notice amazed me.

When the packers arrived, they went over insurance and asked if anything needed special attention, and started packing immediately. One thing that was somewhat of a disapointment was that they rep stated the packers would remove the wall units and some large pictures from the wall and they did not seem to happy to perform these tasks only for liability reasons but eventually performed the activities once I signed a liability waiver for any damage that may occur to a wall when theese items were removed.

Okay again, I will not bore everyone with my experience, but when the driver arrived the next day which was a Saturday with no overtime charged; he was EXCELLENT. My mother was present who is a military brat and has moved several times, was more than impressed by the driver present. Basically all I want to say is they did an excelent job,

This website is so focused on who to be weary of but when a company does so well with delivering customer satisfaction I believe they should be acknowledged. So please spread the word that I was more than AMAZED with Armstrong Relocation's service they provided me with.

Thanks,
Marina Quinones

MusicMom

Re: WOW/ Chicago-Seattle

Postby MusicMom » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:41 am

We also love to hear the good results of lots of hard work on the part of the customer. Thank you so much for letting us know you were pleased!

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:37 pm

Sorry, but I don't buy this review. First of all, the person is posting from Chicago rather than from Seattle where she is supposedly now located. Second, I can find absolutely no record of this person ever posting here before, as she claims. Third, we would never have recommended Boyer-Rosene on this website. Fourth, the person says nothing whatsover about delivery of the items--the whole post consists of lavish praise of the booking/origin agent and the sales rep. It would not be natural for a customer to focus just on how the items were packed and ignore what shape they were delivered in. Fifth, certain terms in this post are "moverspeak" and would not normally be used by customers. There are other red flags that I won't reveal because I don't want people to know about them, but bottom line, I am afraid that with "Marina Quinones," Armstrong United is continuing in its tradition of bogus posts by "Jess" and "Melissa." At least it's good at thinking up fancy names.

EastCoastMover

Postby EastCoastMover » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:15 pm

:roll: just to add my 2 cents....nelson westerberg is not an agent for northamerican...seems a little more thought should be put into the story before it comes out

goldminegutted

Postby goldminegutted » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:10 am

I do also find it strange that there would be no talk of the DELIVERY of the items. On top of that, while it's hard to find a good moving company, as someone who has presumably never had a bad experience with movers before, I don't see why "Marina" would be sooooo impressed that the person who called her back with her booked date would also tell her the name of her driver and workers. How is that being "so impressively on top of things"? That's just a moving company doing their job. It's nice when they do since so many don't, but it's still nothing to write home about. Perhaps if there was talk of the items being delivered in perfect condition on the first few days of the delivery window, it'd be warranted. But no talk of delivery=pointless review. A lot of people are happy when their stuff is packed...it's when they never see their stuff again that they get angry. :evil:

chitoaustin

Postby chitoaustin » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:01 am

For what it's worth, Armstrong is one of 3 places I got an estimate from in late January for my move from Chicago to Austin.

Gina also came to my home and yes, she did have fun electronic gadgets-- like doing my estimate on her PDA and beaming it (or whatever) to a small portable printer. But gadgets are just gadgets and don't really impress me.

Her estimate was close to my actual weight (she estimated 1500 and it turned out to be 1300).

Beyond that I can't say since I went with another company (Armstrong had a 2100lb minimum and I went with a company that had a smaller minimum).

-Lori

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:17 am

Lori, were you happy the with company you used? I'm also trying to plan a long distance move from Chicago. Can you say who you used?

chitoaustin

Postby chitoaustin » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:32 am

I used Wm Meyer's Movers (Arpin) and posted the review of my experience yesterday on this board. You should be able to find it pretty quickly. I had a very good, very easy move. Here's my two caveats for you--

1. I had a small move (1300lbs) which was very easy.
2. Meyer's moved me on one of their trucks, I didn't get farmed out to someone else.

So with that in mind, I absolutely recommend calling them for at least an estimate. www.meyersmovers.com.

-Lori

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:22 pm

Thanks for the followup, Lori. We never claimed that Gina didn't exist, only that she or one of her co-workers may have been the author of the above review.

I also agree with your other comments. People shouldn't be overly impressed by Tech-Mates and other gadgets. Reps from some of the best-reviewed companies on this messageboard do their estimates by hand. They showed me how there are certain advantages to that, such as not having to laboriously search screen by screen to add items.

People considering using Paul Arpin agents should keep in mind that some moving industry people have advised against doing this for a cross-country move (for example). Arpin is a smaller van line that doesn't have the network of drivers and agents to assist that a larger van line would have. Lori was moved by a truck and driver from the agent that booked her move. If that isn't possible, it may be somewhat risky to use Paul Arpin.

However, I like the look of Wm. Meyers (MC #148259). It was started in 1926 and did almost 1300 intra-state (within IL) moves in 2004 with no complaints, according to the Illinois Commerce Commission's website at http://www.icc.illinois.gov/mc/househol ... c_nbr=6109 The Meyers website at www.meyersmovers.com says that the president of Wm. Meyers serves on the Board of Directors of the Illinois Movers and Warehousemen's Association.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:13 pm

UPDATE: I have been contacted by one of the regular volunteers on this board, who tells me that Armstrong's sales rep (Gina) - a friend - called her to say that this was indeed a bona fide customer of hers. So, I apologize for having been so suspicious of the original review. It still seems very odd to me that "Marina" didn't say anything at all about the delivery, but maybe she was so blown away by Gina that everything else faded away in her mind. :lol:

Anyway, I just want to set the record straight. This was a bona fide rave review of Armstrong Relocation and Gina Anderson and I'll fix my Superlist posting to reflect that.

Now, all we have to do is figure out whether the other two seemingly bogus posts in praise of Armstrong were really bogus or not. One was by "Jess" and the other by "Melissa." :wink:

Return to “Open Community”