the right move and storage New York

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
very upset customer

the right move and storage New York

Postby very upset customer » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:53 pm

David Key from the right move and storage New York told me that I coudl trust him, and I did based on phone discussions we had. I paid him 20% deposit and we agreed on a pick-up date. However, after the furnitures were picked up, I was told the contract was sold to the Extra MOve from Brooklyn NY. The mover were very careless with furnitures, they dropped them on the floor many times during the loading process. I was angry at the right move and storage, why didn't they notify me that they sold the contract to other companies? The nightmare begins a week later, we have not received the delivery as they promised. The truck was always en route to somewhere, Minisota, St Louis etc. I called the mover every day worried that I will never see my belonging again. They never bother to keep us notified on the deliveryd ate. A month later, I heard from them, they told me that the truck had an accident on the way and they could not deliver before Christmas!!! They finally arrived 2 days after Christmas. The driver said the luggage took up more space than they agreed, we had to pay extra $400 !!!! At the end of the delivery, I noticed that none of my artwork were delivered and my book shelf was missing too, the driver said " it might be in the back of the truck, let me check" -- he never came back!! We tried to call him more than 200 times, never picked up the calls. Then I foudn out that my Dinner chairs are broken, my favorate China sets are broken so does my bed head board....

Now I am very angry with both companies, the right move and storage shoudl never get my contract then sell to another company without my consent!! Now I am stuck with broken furnitures and still wondering where my artworks went. Those artworks meant a lot to me, no one can ever pay me enough to sell them. I even wondered whether the movers took all my artworks and sold them!!

goldminegutted

Re: the right move and storage New York

Postby goldminegutted » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:35 am

I know that no amount of money can replace your artwork, but did you file a claim for it anyway, along with the rest of your stuff? I have no idea how to find who insures these losers, but I'm sure someone will be along with contact info shortly. You don't want to file a claim through these people, they'll never pass it along to anybody who can actually help you. But if it's on the inventory list and you didn't check it off, then there's a problem and you should pursue it.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:50 am

First of all, it should be known that Extra Move Inc, AKA Smart Way Moving, had their license revoked Feb 7 for the fourth time in less than one year. I think that's a record. I'm not sure they're going to be getting it back, sicne there's no sign of getting the missing BIPD insurance. We'll be on the lookout for thier newest incarnation.

As for their insurance to file a claim, here's who you should call, and find out who's in charge of that specific policy number.

Policy # NAL3405167
UNDERWRITERS AT LLOYDS LONDON
Attn: LEBOEUF, LAMB, GREENE & MACRAE
Address: 1875 CONNECTICUT AVE.,NW
WASHINGTON, DC US 20009
Telephone: (202) 986 - 8000
Fax: (202) 986 - 8102

(I always find this name amusing. It's like a meal in an insurance company: LeBouef [french for The Beef], Lamb, Greene [gotta have a salad]...) :wink:

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:06 pm

To find this information, it's just one more step past viewing thier FMCSA MC license information and Authority....

1) Go to the FMCSA L&I Search site
2) Enter the appropriate info to find the company (i.e. MC 510842) and submit the form
3) Go to the HTML results page
4) At the bottom of the page there is a link to Active/Pending Insurance
5) That page gives the ever important policy number and if you click on the link to the insurance company it will give you the contact information for them

I hope that helps!

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

Return to “Report A Scam”