OASIS MOVING & STORAGE, LAS VEGAS, NV. -info please

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
franmazzeo

OASIS MOVING & STORAGE, LAS VEGAS, NV. -info please

Postby franmazzeo » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:43 pm

Can someone out there in cyberspace give me any info on Oasis Moving & storage. they are located in Las vegas, nv.

MusicMom

Re: OASIS MOVING & STORAGE, LAS VEGAS, NV. -info please

Postby MusicMom » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:51 pm

License has been revoked twice already. 40% failure rate for driver inspections. 5 Drivers have had 5 moving violations, including a drunk driving and following too closely, and one inspection violation was for not being licensed to drive the truck. Oasis was cited for an acute violation for failure to test for drugs and alcohol.

Here's a firsthand description of thier facilities:
The Oasis "office" is in a run-down 1970's office park ("Spring Plaza") surrounded by strip clubs, in a horrible part of town, sitting in the shadows of the Interstate 15 overpass complete with hobos and crack heads. There is no warehouse.

Words fail to describe what a dump the location is. I would not buy a stick of gum from any business located there, let alone trust them with all my worldly possessions.

There are two 15 foot Penske trucks and one 15 foot Budget truck in the parking lot. The parking lot is shared by the 20+ businesses located in the crowded plaza.

Please read this thread for two customer's complaints.
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1602

Please do not use this company!

goldminegutted

Postby goldminegutted » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:56 pm

Don't go with them. They've had their authority (to perform moves) revoked twice...and they've ONLY been in businesss since 2004! That tells you how much trouble they're in. The latest revokation was 12/28/05, and the latest re-installation was 1/10/2005.

They have also had their insurance cancelled a grand total of TEN TIMES since 2004, and replaced 3 times on top of that.

I wouldn't touch this company with a 10 foot pole.

goldminegutted

Postby goldminegutted » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:57 pm

Musicmom beat me to it. ;)

Re: OASIS MOVING - thank you all!

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:46 pm

well you siad it perfectly! i will not use Oasis!
thanks again!
fran

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:53 pm

Fran, you have plently of time before your June move. Take things slowly and be dilligent.

violetstrings

Postby violetstrings » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:37 am

I wish I found this site before going with these guys. Now, I have no idea what to do. They currently have all of my stuff and they are not delivering as agreed. I experienced much of the same thing others complained about. They showed up over 5 hours late, took forever to pack and didn't leave my house until late at night. They were unprofessional, threw paperwork at me to sign without explanation. The guy was too busy talking to his girlfriend on a cell phone to be bothered. Then, the claimed they were out of packing material and had to package the rest at the warehouse. This is my first time moving, I was in a time crunch and I did not know any better. I did get insurance for my most prized items before the move. However, they will not return my phone calls or give me any idea of when they will bring my stuff. After reading what others have said about their things missing and arriving damaged, I am wondering if there is a way I can get my stuff out of their storage myself. If anyone has any suggestions since my stuff has not been loaded onto a truck yet, please let me know. My email address is violetstrings@hotmail.com. Thank you!

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:43 am

You need to contact Move Rescue at www.moverescue.com. They can probably help you. When did they pick up your goods? When are they supposed to deliver? Where are you moving? What did they make you sign? What kind of insurance did you purchase and what for? Have you contacted them directly at all telling them about your concerns?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:19 am

You can get a lawyer to write a letter revoking the power of attorney you granted them to move your things, and demand immediate release of our things back to you. But first you have to know where your stuff is to take a rental truck or second moving company to get your things. And my guess is that whatever damage will happen has already been done on the truck when your unwrapped and unpacked things were tossed on, then tossed into storage. It's a good thing you thought ahead for insurnace on the valuable items.

Talk to the lawyers at MoveRescue, see if you can get one of them to work on thie release for you, plus a court order compelling Oasis to tell you which mini-storage your things are stored.

molly88

No recent bad reviews!!! GREAT!!!

Postby molly88 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:32 pm

:D
I just booked my move with Oasis and then I found this site...there are no recent bad reviews and after talking to my sales agent, she reassured me that many reviews are scams by other companies trying to make them look bad...attorneys can search the IP address for these postings and procecute them!!!
I was told to use a reputable review site such as a government website...like the DOT and the Federal Motor Carrier and Safety Admin sites...thank you so much and I look forward to a happy, safe and smooth move!!!

molly88

Postby molly88 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:34 pm

goldminegutted wrote:Don't go with them. They've had their authority (to perform moves) revoked twice...and they've ONLY been in businesss since 2004! That tells you how much trouble they're in. The latest revokation was 12/28/05, and the latest re-installation was 1/10/2005.

They have also had their insurance cancelled a grand total of TEN TIMES since 2004, and replaced 3 times on top of that.

I wouldn't touch this company with a 10 foot pole.

Do you even know what that means??? When a company shows the revoke, its not what you think...maybe you should research before you open your mouth!!! IT MEANS THEY UPGRADED INSURANCE. As a company grows, the level of insurance it updated. Do your homework!!!

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:03 pm

Molly, you need to know that your brain has been engaged before putting your mouth in gear.

As a carrier, I know exactly what revoked means. You need to look it up in the dictionary.

A carrier that has their licensing or insurance REVOKED means that it was cancelled by the licensing authority or the insurance carrier.

When a carrier upgrades their coverage, the policy is cancelled, and not revoked. Remember the difference between revoked and cancelled next time. Revoked = involuntary. Cancelled - voluntary
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Movinghelper

Postby Movinghelper » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:04 pm

Well I looked them up:

Name : OASIS MOVING & STORAGE
USDOT Number : 1192529
MC # : 476853

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address : 911 N BUFFALO DR NUMBER 109
LAS VEGAS, NV 89128
Mailing Address : Same as above
Telephone : (702)240-5841
Fax : (702) 893-3332
Year Total Complaints a
2011 4
2010 6
2009 11
2008 30
2007 7
2006 7
2005 4

Some of them hostage with the exception of 2011.

I do know that they use rental equipment without proper identification on them. I know thi sfor a fact and have pictures of it from a move here in Yuma AZ.
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
2. GO WITH IN HOME ESTIMATES ONLY.
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

molly88

Postby molly88 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:42 pm

BigLeeCalif wrote:Molly, you need to know that your brain has been engaged before putting your mouth in gear.

As a carrier, I know exactly what revoked means. You need to look it up in the dictionary.

A carrier that has their licensing or insurance REVOKED means that it was cancelled by the licensing authority or the insurance carrier.

When a carrier upgrades their coverage, the policy is cancelled, and not revoked. Remember the difference between revoked and cancelled next time. Revoked = involuntary. Cancelled - voluntary

Ok then show me where or when it was revoked...the Dot does not show revoked, I do see cancelled:
http://li-public.fmcsa.dot.gov/LIVIEW/p ... name=OASIS^MOVING^~^STORAGE,^INC.&pv_pref_docket=MC476853&pv_usdot_no=1192529&pv_vpath=LIVIEW

Movinghelper

Postby Movinghelper » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:56 pm

http://li-public.fmcsa.dot.gov/LIVIEW/p ... name=OASIS^MOVING^~^STORAGE,^INC.&pv_pref_docket=MC476853&pv_usdot_no=1192529&pv_vpath=LIVIEW
Authority History
US DOT: 1192529 Docket Number: MC476853
Legal Name: OASIS MOVING & STORAGE, INC.
Sub Auth Type Original Action Disposition
HOUSEHOLD GOODS COMMON CARRIER REINSTATED 08/03/2006
HOUSEHOLD GOODS COMMON CARRIER REINSTATED 01/10/2006 REVOKED 07/24/2006
HOUSEHOLD GOODS COMMON CARRIER REINSTATED 02/09/2005 REVOKED 12/28/2005
HOUSEHOLD GOODS COMMON CARRIER GRANTED 01/16/2004 REVOKED 12/13/2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
2. GO WITH IN HOME ESTIMATES ONLY.
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.

Return to “Open Community”