Any opinions on these Rochester NY movers?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Andrea K.

Any opinions on these Rochester NY movers?

Postby Andrea K. » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:05 pm

Hello,

I'm planning a local move in Rochester, NY, and I'm considering 3 movers: Interior Moving Services, Lincoln Moving & Storage, and Adamski/Lloyd Moving. Since it's a local move, all 3 charge by the hour, and the rates seem to be in the same ballpark. I'm moving from a 2-bedroom apartment to a house. Over the phone, they all estimated they would need approximately 6 hours with 3 men and a truck. Two out of the three scheduled an in-home estimate, and the third said they'd do one if I want them to, but that it wasn't completely necessary. Anybody have any input on any of these companies?

Thanks!
Andrea K.

Diane

Re: Any opinions on these Rochester NY movers?

Postby Diane » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:01 pm

The only one of your three companies I have heard of is Lincoln Moving, if it's the Atlas agent also located in Buffalo. There was a bad report on them - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1735 Sorry that I don't know more.

Andrea K.

Postby Andrea K. » Mon May 08, 2006 8:24 am

Hello,

Just following up now that my move is complete. I used Lincoln Moving & Storage (the Rochester office, not the Buffalo office). This was a local move, so I can't speak to how they handle long distance moves, but I was very impressed and pleased with how they handled my move. The final cost was about $200 less than the original estimate because the 3 men who moved my stuff worked so quickly and were so professional. The estimator calculated how many boxes I was likely to need, and Lincoln sent that number of used but clean boxes over *for free* the same day! This included dish packs and wardrobe boxes. All the estimates I received from the 3 companies I considered were approximately the same, so the free boxes were the clincher when I chose Lincoln. On the day of the move, they showed up exactly on time and cheerfully moved over 50 heavy boxes of books, along with lots of other stuff. They were very careful, and only one item was broken (and it was particle board, which tends to break so I don't hold them responsible for that). All in all, I would say that, in my opinion, Lincoln Moving & Storage is a great choice for a local Rochester NY move.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon May 08, 2006 11:14 am

Hi - thanks for this review. I just reviewed the "complaint" thread above and also the company's website at www.lincolnmoving.com. That website says that Lincoln Moving & Storage has locations in Buffalo (HQ), Rochester, Syracuse, and Florida. Oddly enough, the Buffalo company has a second website at www.lincolncampusstorage.com.

The Buffalo company with website www.lincolncampusstorage.com seems to specialize in storing college students' possessions over the summer and redelivering them in the fall. The person who complained about them ("ihlin") was still waiting for his shipment to be delivered in WA State almost a month after it was picked up in Buffalo, which is way too long, and the materials he needed to study for his professional exam were in the shipment, a bad situation.

I will add your positive review of the Rochester branch to the post on "New York State" moving companies.

Return to “Open Community”