United...move from L.I. to N.C.

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Tooter4Kids

United...move from L.I. to N.C.

Postby Tooter4Kids » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:52 am

Diane, I want to thank you for recommending United...Hall-Lane. Alex Daflos just left and we were thrilled with him!!!! My husband and I felt so relieved when Alex was explaining everything to us. I even told him how we came to call the Hall-Lane moving company. (Mentioning your name and movingscam.com)

Now, all I need to do is write and comment when we arrive in NC. (computer set up and all) He has reassured us and he even comes to your home on moving day.

So the epinions have paid off that were written and read.
I want, again, to thank you so much. I will be listing this on my website for all to read. (www.tooter4kids.com)

Susan

Diane

Re: United...move from L.I. to N.C.

Postby Diane » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:08 pm

This is so great to read! I actually never knew the name of the sales rep before - only that people said the person was good. I will be hoping that Hall-Lane hauls the load to NC using its own truck and driver. Please be sure to post whether that happens. I assume he gave you a GNTE/Option C quote.

I need to revise my Epinions article because a lot has happened in a year, but meanwhile I'll add your good remarks about Alex to my preliminary list of NYC-area movers.

Tooter4Kids

Postby Tooter4Kids » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:17 pm

"I assume he gave you a GNTE/Option C quote" What does that mean?

He did say the driver will be the same, not the helpers. He is using his own truck. I will most likely be the only one in the truck because we have so much to move. ( A full 4 bedroom home) Which is fine for me. He gave me a quote that was high in the weight, but it is better to think what the most weight could be. I do get a 59% discount.

Susan

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:27 pm

GREAT that the truck and driver will be from Hall-Lane. It's fine that the helpers will be different in NC--the driver will most likely get them from another United agent there. It would be too expensive for Hall-Lane to send the helpers along with the driver all the way to NC.

It sounds as if you do have an Option C (Guaranteed Not to Exceed) estimate. That's where they guarantee that you won't pay more than a certain price for a given weight. If the load weighs less, however, you will pay less than the estimate. A Nonbinding (Option A) estimate where your cost can go up if the weight is more than the estimate is undesirable because you have no ceiling on what you will pay. A Binding (Option B) estimate is where you are quoted a fixed price which you will pay no matter what the weight is.

Did Alex give you the booklet? Who was the sales rep for Nassau United in West Babylon, do you remember?

Tooter4Kids

Postby Tooter4Kids » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:24 pm

Yes, Diane, I guess I do have a not to exceed. I remember he mentioned that to us. I did need, though, to ask him for the book. (Rights and Responsibilities) He said that the girls in the office pack the folder. So I was hoping that he would mention it, before I did, but he didn't. He did give me one after I asked. If organization is the only problem I encounter from a Sales Rep. on my move, that will be okay for me.

The Sales Rep. for Nassau World Wide Movers, was Paul Berk. He didn't impress me at all. He was low-keyed, but when I asked intelligent questions, he seemed to try and answer me, but it really wasn't an answer. (I am too smart for that game.) Anyway, his weight was 13,000 lbs. and Astro-Allied was 15,500 and Hall -Lane was 19,000. Big difference! But, I feel I am getting the best out of the 3!!

I also checked out the BBB. Hall-Lane had the best ratings with zero complaints. Can't beat that.

Anything else I can do to help, please contact me. I owe you one!

Susan

Return to “Open Community”