Anyone Have Experience With Moving Van Lines?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
jen27

Anyone Have Experience With Moving Van Lines?

Postby jen27 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:13 pm

We've hired Moving Van Lines to move us from Florida to Virginia next month. Can anyone give us any information about the legitimacy of this company - good or bad? Here's some info about them:

Name: Moving Van Lines Inc
Address: 10460 Roosevelt Blvd North, Saint Petersburg, FL 33716
Phone Number: 1-866-924-8898
US DOT: 1457527
ICC MC: 553076

Thank you!

Nancy

Re: Anyone Have Experience With Moving Van Lines?

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:17 pm

According to safersys, they have NO authority to do your move, unless I'm missing something!

http://li-public.fmcsa.dot.gov/LIVIEW/p ... ath=LIVIEW

Are they an agent for a van line?

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:18 pm

DO NOT USE this company. Its website is registered to Barak Rozen. There are coupons on the website, a red flag. It has only 1 truck and driver listed on safersys.org, another red flag. If you gave them a deposit, try to get it back immediately. Others will come along to give you more details.

If cost is a concern, please consider going with the freight company Broadway Express for a safe and reliable move.
Last edited by Diane on Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:20 pm

If you look under "Pending Application" it shows they were rejected due to NO insurance!

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

jen27

Postby jen27 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:31 pm

Nancy & Diane,

Thank you for your responses. Who is Barak Rosen? Why are coupons a red flag? I am looking into Broadway Express.

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:40 pm

Regarding the name, FBI statistics indicate that most of the people indicted for operating scam moving companies in the U.S. are citizens of Israel. Frequently they are deported to Israel before or after serving time in prison. Regarding the coupons, we have just learned that it is one thing that scammers frequently put on their websites to lure people - along with fake testimonials and such.

jen27

Postby jen27 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:54 pm

I find that comment about Israeli's interesting because just this morning I was speaking with the sales rep I've been in frequent contact with and she told me that her boss is from Israel. The estimation from Broadway Express is less than what Moving Van Lines quoted me. They appear to be in much better standing as far as the Dept of Transportation is concerned. Thank you for your help.

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:58 pm

You're welcome. You can also look at the Blacklist and you'll see that the majority of the Blacklisted companies are run by people whose names suggest that they are from Israel. Sometimes they have U.S.-born wives. Also, they sometimes Anglicize their names so Moishe becomes Mike and so on.

jen27

Postby jen27 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:01 pm

Nancy, you were absolutely correct. I phoned the Dept of Transportation. The woman I spoke with said that they are not authorized to move anyone while their application is still pending. If they were to be pulled over while in this status, they would be considered to be breaking the law.

Postby Guest » Fri May 12, 2006 10:33 am

This Diane person is from one of our competitors who is trying to dirty our name. If you'll notice, there is no personal information on her. Why doesn't this customer give her full name, phone number, exactly what is her complaint in reference to our services, etc? Why is she attacking the ethnicity of people from Israel? Is she going to complain about me because I am a Christian and I take my children to church twice a week? Who is she trying to hide from? There is no Barak Rozen owning this company and we did not exist in 2003! We have a $1 million dollar insurance policy, are fully licensed. Just go to the Department of Transportation's website to check out our company. Also, go to Sunbiz.org to check the owner's name and when we opened this company. Anyone, please feel free to contact us directly on our toll free number: 866/924-8898. I can give anyone references from REAL customers we have moved. Please don't be duped by our competition who is practicing dirty habits. Thank you for reading this response. Tysh, Office Manager, Moving Van Lines

Postby Guest » Fri May 12, 2006 10:42 am

This is Tysh again. We just checked all of our records, we have NO Diane who we have moved to California. As for Jen, I spoke with her in reference to our insurance and explained that when she contacted the DOT we were in the process of upgrading our insurance policy and we have NEVER been without insurance. Please feel free to contact them yourselves and you'll see we have $1 million dollars worth! Thank you and God bless you all! :)

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri May 12, 2006 10:57 am

All right, is Diane one of your competitors, or one of your clients?

Actually, neither!

At the time the original person asked the question on April 13th, you were advertising moves without having the authority to do so. You had your license granted on April 26th, a whole two weeks ago. Diane's comments about Israelis are FBI statistics, no her own, showing that a great majority of scam movers are owned by citizens of Israel. One thing to cinsider whn choosing a moving company. It's sad that this is true. I'm not sure if the Barak name came from the website registration, but you are right. The sole person listed on the incorporation papers is Ohad Guzi.

Get over yourself, you were advertising illegally, and you were caught. How many references can you popssibly give after two weeks?

Just helping

Postby Just helping » Fri May 12, 2006 11:44 am

Look at the funny picture on their website you can see a rental truck that was altered into a not very professional image of their truck and a poor person that has no idea he's the star of a scam moving site.

Big Dog

Postby Big Dog » Fri May 12, 2006 12:43 pm

Check out their web site's revolving photos. They show refrigerated trucks and crudely pasted over rental trucks as "moving" trucks. What a joke!!! Get real you scammers!!! :x

Office Manager

Postby Office Manager » Fri May 12, 2006 1:06 pm

There is NOTHING illegal about our company, nor was there ever! We have NEVER operated without insurance. I'm so sorry to actually see for myself that racism in this country is alive & kicking. There is NO proof of us advertising or operating illegally, but there is PLENTY of proof otherwise if you would take the time to actually check us out rather thatn listen to a ninny who has over 500 complaints logged on this website against different companies. Diane has NEVER been one of our clients. Tysh

Return to “Open Community”