Moving from Ann Arbor, MI to Alpharetta, GA

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Glitzy

Moving from Ann Arbor, MI to Alpharetta, GA

Postby Glitzy » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:49 pm

I am really glad that I found this website. My S.O. and I are dealing with having to set up a short notice move. He's been offered a job in Alpharetta, GA and has to start next Monday, so I am staying in MI and coordinating moving.

I have 7 movers coming by next week to do estimates. I've seen people post good things about Corrigan but am wondering if anyone has any info on these others

Corrigan Moving Systems - Ann Arbor, United Agent
Premiere Relocations, L.L.C - Novi, MI - Mayflower Agent
Midwest Moving and Storage - Bekins Agent
Palmer - Warren, MI, North American Van lines Agent
Handle With Care Movers - Ann Arbor, MI - Local company that does national moves
Men on the Move - Ann Arbor, MI - Local company that does national moves
Two Men and a Truck - Ann Arbor MI office.

I'm wary about 2 men and a Truck. The guy who does the estimates took my call and asked me if I knew the mileage off hand. When I told him it was 730, he told me it would probably cost me 10k for them to do my move.

I'm a little overwhelmed with all that has to be done. Especially since I've never done this before! But at least I know what to look for now. We were going to go with internet quotes last week. Not anymore!

Newguyfrommi

Re: Moving from Ann Arbor, MI to Alpharetta, GA

Postby Newguyfrommi » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:03 pm

Best of luck...I'm moving in June from Ann Arbor as well to Indy. If you have any advice/lessons learned pls post. I'll do the same!

I'm sure you've been to this helpful website, but in case you haven't--a lot of good info...

http://www.moving.org/

Plus I found this one helpful too...about visiting the shop etc...
http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Sav ... 102542.asp!

Diane

Postby Diane » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:07 am

Glitzy,

Be aware that local and long distance are two very different animals. Of the ones on your list, I feel comfortable with Corrigan. Period.

Newguyfrommi

Postby Newguyfrommi » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:15 am

Thanks Diane for that post!

Corrigan who I was going to lean towards as well--I also saw a bunch of posts from Michael re: DMS, so I was going to get a quote from them too.

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:47 am

Thanks Diane.

You know, out of all of the folks I spoke with on the phone, Tina from Corrigan (Ann Arbor office) was the only one who asked me what my square footage was when I asked how long an in person estimate would take. After I got off the phone with her, I felt that I was dealing with an intelligent company.

Glitzy

Postby Glitzy » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:48 am

whoops...above post is from me. Forgot to log in!

annarbormover

Postby annarbormover » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:36 pm

has anyone had a bad experience wit mayflower moving from ann arbor to north carolina, 2 br apartment... don't have time to have multiple estimates...

Diane

Postby Diane » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:45 pm

We have no reviews, but I can ask someone about the company if you give me a couple of days and the name of the company.

It would probably be safer to go with Corrigan or DMS.

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:24 am

the name of the company is Premier Relocations, LLC, from Novi; any help appreciated.

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:08 am

Out of all the estimators that came by Susan ( i believe) from Corrigan Moving Sytstems (United Agent) was the most thorough. I'll put up a post later on about the estimators that came by and the range of estimates.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon May 01, 2006 5:15 pm

My source got back to me on Premier, reporting that "it is a large, quality agent serving a big portion of Michigan with several warehouses."
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”