Dimon & Bacorn Endwell NY North American Van Lines

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Burned

Dimon & Bacorn Endwell NY North American Van Lines

Postby Burned » Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:21 am

Disreputable and greedy. They moved my stuff on and off numerous trucks. They did not pack my delicate antique tables. They damaged several pieces of valuable furniture and denied the majority of my claim (because they were antiques) even though I had the maximum insurance. They took 6-1/2 months to process the claim. Don't use them and certainly don't trust them.

BigLeeCalif

Re: Dimon & Bacorn Endwell NY North American Van Lines

Postby BigLeeCalif » Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:13 pm

You didn't say where you moved from and to...

Also the simple fact that your goods were antiques would not be merit enough to deny a damage claim... There is a limitation, however, in that the damaged parts only would be replaced, not the entire set.

There is also a time limit in the settlement of claims... Claims cannot drag on and on.. Did you file in a timely manner? You have 9 months from the date of delivery to initiate claim.

Did anyone come out to do a damage assessment on the damaged items, and did you have appraisals on the antiques to support your replacement costs?

If you feel that your claim was wrongly denied, you do have the right to contact the AMSA Dispute settlement program....

I know that the sponsors of this site don't care for the AMSA, but it does provide a service to help mediate your dispute with the mover...

You can contact them at :
American Moving & Storage Association
ATTN: Dispute Settlement Program
1611 Duke Street
Alexandria, VA 22314-3482

BigLeeCalif

Burned

Postby Burned » Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:16 pm

Everything was done by the book, and I simply want the damage fixed or replaced. Yes, I filed in a timely manner. Yes, someone came out and did a damage assessment. Yes, I have appraisals.

Since my December posting Dimon and Bacorn Co of Binghamton (Pettis Moving Co) has paid for the items that CAN be repaired, but they won't pay for the items that CAN'T be repaired and need to be replaced. I had $125,000 Full Value Protection coverage with $0 deductible.

My claim for $3,000 on items valued at $22,500 was what the assessor submitted to Dimon and Bacorn. Initially D&B sent a check for $400. I was able to get them up to $1,300 by submitting the assessor's numbers, and now I'd like the remaining amount.

My claim is reasonable and honest, and I think it only fair that moving company customers be compensated for damage done to their things. Dimon and Bacorn should do the right thing, take responsibility, and stop making claims so doggone difficult.

IMP

Postby IMP » Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:42 pm

Burned - did you try dispute resolution through AMSA? As BigLee pointed out - many on this site are not big fans of AMSA - but I'd like it if you'd give that route a try and then report back as to what happened. If you have appraisals on your antiques, if you completed the high valued inventory, if the damage was noted at the time of delivery, and as you said the inspector appointed by D & B indicated that it was, in fact, transit related - then you should be compensated. Good luck - and please keep us posted.

Return to “Open Community”