RATINGS FOR LOUNGECRAFT AMERICAN RED BALL NOT ON COMPUTER

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
NYWoman

RATINGS FOR LOUNGECRAFT AMERICAN RED BALL NOT ON COMPUTER

Postby NYWoman » Wed May 17, 2006 3:32 pm

Beware of Loungecraft Moving (now aka Red Carpet Movers), a division of American Red Ball and their good ratings! They are located in Maspeth and Sea Cliff in NY. They have been lucky and successful going under the radar in the reporting system. The problem is that companies have the buddy system. For an updated example, the BBB did not list our complaint on the computer - there are no complaints listed for three years. Also, The Department of Transportation shows no listing and took the complaints off the computer. had a record of two complaints for Loungecraft. Then, fourth months later in May, 2006 that the complaints were no longer found. The DOT reponded that yes, there were about 3-4 other complaints filed in their files in the back but not on the computer. The representative said that administrator was not going to investigate one single complaint listed. We were told that the agency does not enforce the government regulations and one must go to civil court. So why do we have regulations that the governement doesn't enforce? We wrongly assumed that Loungecraft was a good company because it had a good rating with The Better Business Bureau. The Better Business Bureau is supposed to help the consumer, but then said they can't do anything only post a complaint and if it is resolved. The police told a different story when they recommended them. The BBB defended the company saying it would never admit to anything - we said that if someone is a member then the BBB should know - but they said they didn't need to know. Then, we found out that The Better Business Bureau is an industry supported organization that the moving industry supports, not a consumer-supported organization that oversees the moving industry. Movingscam.com is an independent way to advocate. In this situation though, the information is two years old, so we are updating it so that others do not suffer what we went through. Since then, members have complained that Loungecraft does not distributed the “Rights and Responsibilities When You Move” booklet as required by Federal Law. We asked and they said that they never heard about this book, did not read it nore were aware of any rights talked about. The DOT is aware that Loungecraft does not distribute the book but they are not going to do anything about it. The only way to correct any problem was to file a civil suit and tell the judge. The police detectives won't cooperate and they repeat the same words as the owners, which is questionable. We are not being assigned a detective and the police won't add to the report, which is our right to do. This will be reported further up if things are not resolved. The bottom line is that in the end, you are on your own. When researching, not everything ends up being recorded, updated or accurate in listed reports. Make sure your complaint gets recorded and keep checking. The system is weak.

We were scammed because we did not purchase their extra insurance leaving us vulnerable to a tremedous loss of goods, that may have been missing because the driver and worker kept asking retail and marketing questions. They detoured the truck to a warehouse that wasn't the company's own. The items which they expressed interest were gone. When the goods are lost, the company will only have to pay out the minimum basic rate if you don't pay out the extra money for extra insurance. Either way, you lose financially. It means that if the goods are lost, the company comes out ahead and denies intention. As consumers, we requested an insurance brochure as other companies provide. Loungecraft refused. We questioned how would we know that the money was going to the insurance company or if it was going directly to the moving company. We were told it was the same for all moving companies and to trust them. We did not buy the extra insurance. That is probably when our problems started. We found goods missing from boxes, boxes that had been opened and retaped with contents missing and goods missing from packed bureau drawers. The more we unpacked, the more we found missing from tools, home items, personal items, clothing, accessories, sports equipment, toys, supplies, antiques and so forth. The company has not make an effort to return anything. The company told us that it was our fault because we should have purchased their insurance as everyone else and now we had to accept the basic. They were more concerned that they weren't responsible than to be responsible for their moving staff. The company needs to honor its clientele. The company told us that the money we saved by not buying the extra insurance could be used to purchase the goods that the company lost in moving. We believed that we were scammed because we were warned from the beginning by the driver. The driver recommended that we purchase their insurance because many of their customers have reported losing their goods and the insurance will cover them. We said that we were tight for money. We asked "Are you a good driver not to have an accident?" He said "Yes". When we asked "Then how can the goods get lost if nothing happens to the truck?" He did not answer. That should have been a clue to what would happen.

Familyman

Re: RATINGS FOR LOUNGECRAFT AMERICAN RED BALL NOT ON COMPUTER

Postby Familyman » Fri May 02, 2008 4:41 pm

I haven't used Loungecraft for moving services yet, but after reading your novel I think I'm going to go ahead and give them a call. You are the only one I could find that had a problem with them. So lets see here, you give someone your entire life in the back of a truck and have no clue who they are, yet you refuse insurance which is a fraction of what it's all worth. What happens if the truck would have caught fire, or maybe it was broken into by someone else? Do you not carry insurance on your house? You know there are other theives in the world and with you being the only one with a visible complaint as bad as this, you might just be crazy! :)

Sorry about your loss, learn from your mistake. Just because you had a bad situation with them doesn't give you the right to use such destructive words that could impact their company. Hopefully people that read this give them a chance of their own like I will rather then listen to one crazy person that has a few loose screws. Be an adult and deal with them direct, if you don't get anywhere and choose not to pursue it any further then writing BS like this, accept your loss and move on. (Get it, move on!) :)

It's really a no brainer, you insure your house and what's in it, when you move your house (no matter how you move it), you should insure it from Point A to Point B, period!

You also might want to consider this site in the future. [site removed - DON'T put it back up, FM!]

The FamilyMan
Last edited by Familyman on Sat May 03, 2008 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

joesgarage39

Postby joesgarage39 » Fri May 02, 2008 5:12 pm

Wow, if they really got taken like that this is a tragedy of monumental proportions. Man, that is just rude to tell them to move on. I am not saying that there is some flaws or holes in the story nor that they should may have used a little more common sense but to attack like that is not right. Having said that...hiring a mover is a trust thing and you should have at the outset not gone with them. Anytime a sales person portrays something and your perception of their statement is that negative then do go with them. Another red flag, the driver. I know it is hard but I am sure there was a pit in your stomach when you had this discussion. Kick them out of the house. On a more informative level, you were never buying insurance and movers do not offer insurance. They offer valuation and no it is not a play on words. It is the amount of liability that the CARRIER, not the agent is willing to accept while your shipment is in transit. Contact the carrier for any issues you are having and see if there is some recourse for you. I have to admit that your story does sound ummm...out there as for all the years I have been in the industry I have heard some humdingers but this is the first of this kind. I hope you find reolution.

Familyman

Postby Familyman » Fri May 02, 2008 5:23 pm

Just saying, in today's world words hurt! One person can destory something good. Every business usually deals with a disgrutel customer at some point, I'm sure they did everything they could for the circumstances. The customer has to assume some of the responsiblities and actions they take. To me it sounds like they wanted a free move! There are plenty of ways to insure your goods from Point A to Point B, just because you don't want to pay for it doesn't mean you can possibly put the blame on someone else. It's just like the person that sue'd Mc Donalds for spilling hot coffee on herself. She got burned, she should be more careful. In todays world, especially with gas prices and everything else on the rise, people do some stupid stuff to try and better themselves and hurt others. I have always been one to learn from my mistakes. You slam your hand in the car door, you're a little more careful next time. Your house gets broken into because you left the back door unlocked and your insurance company doesn't cover stupidity, well tough luck and you'll remember to lock your door next time. We all need to take a little more responsibility and instead of blaming others to try and benefit ourselves, maybe we should spend a little more time trying to correct our problems we put ourselves in.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri May 02, 2008 6:17 pm

FamilyMan, how'd you get involved in this after 2 years?

Familyman

Postby Familyman » Sat May 03, 2008 6:56 am

Stumbled acrossed it while doing some moving research in the NY area prior to my move in July. This site is great, just don't believe the first thing you read. Like the message on the homepage says, step away from the computer and call local people and companies that deal with these moving companies on a daily weekly/monthly basis. Anymore the only thing you read on the internet is the bad, rarely does anyone find the time to write a lengthly good story about someone. Visit MovingSuccess.com (I have no ties with this site), believe it or not it has a good note on the homepage. We all think we've been scammed at one point or another (some have proof, some don't), it sucks, but guess what, it makes us smarter and stronger or it should anyways! Again, learn from your mistakes! 99% of the time there is something YOU could have done to prevent yourself from being scammed, if you even were! My momma always said, trust no one! Even good people can be put in a stressful situation that makes them do things they normally wouldn't do. It's hard to protect yourself 24/7, but that's why we're the smartest living thing on this planet, we have to use what we were given and not rely on the rest of the world to carry us from day to day.

My only other suggestion to the rest of us Movers is, get security packing tape. Review the boxes as they are getting moved off the truck, if it's been tampered with have them stop unloading and start taking pictures! If the movers are asking you specifics about certain items and their value, that should be a pretty big red flag! Get pictures of these items on the truck before they leave your sight! The way I look at things is if I'm having someone else move my stuff, than I should be able to afford insuring the move. Otherwise I should probably rent a U-HAUL and do it myself because I have too much to lose otherwise. We work our entire lives protecting ourselves from the unknown, moving is no different.

whodat1b

Postby whodat1b » Sat May 03, 2008 8:54 am

This is what I got when I STUMBLED across "Loungecraft Moving NY" search in google.

http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3718966547 Date Of 04/28/08

Then there is this one.

www.scamclub.com/blog/2006/11/loungecra ... le-my.html

And last but not least

/www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/218/ripoff0218034.htm

I can't tel if this is the same person but they (loungecraft moving ny) are out there. Does anyone know the final results of this move?
Do Unto Others, As You Would Have Others Do Unto You!

Familyman

Postby Familyman » Sat May 03, 2008 9:08 am

Whodat1b, I believe this is one person posting all these negative comments. I wouldn't be surprised if he or she has multiple accounts spamming this company with bad info. because she felt like she got scammed. The funny thing is, she never once says what they tried to do to resolve the issue, or what she wanted out of it. Comments like these just go to show we need to protect ourselves and trust no one, including the person writing these comments under different names. I'm always willing to give someone a chance, if I talk with them and like them, they've earned my business. If they are short with words, unprofessional and or don't seem organized, well I'll probably move on to the next one.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat May 03, 2008 5:17 pm

I'm also positive all those outside posts are by NY Woman. We do suggest that unhappy people write their complaints on other sites as well.

Familyman, I'm not sure why you've latched onto this one complaint, or why you went and edited back in the website I'd removed from your post. NY Woman says that it was two workers from this company that took her items, and the company belittled her when she complained. There's also evidence that the company operated outside of it's authority with Red Ball. She said she's going to civil court, but hasn't reported a resolution yet.

I hope this is an isolated incident.

Familyman

Postby Familyman » Mon May 05, 2008 8:16 am

A Google search brought me straight to this post, so I responded with my opinion. Most of the time SCAMS can be avoided with some common sense, that's all I'm saying. I have nothing further to say, simply stating my opinion. As far as editing the website back in, seems like a decent website to share with everyone, or don't you want anything positive on this site?

rydog444

Postby rydog444 » Mon May 05, 2008 2:17 pm

I was going to write a response to this thread but it is just ridiculous. Familyman, how long have you worked for Loungecraft?
My job is to give the best domestic and international moving services to my corporate clients by using the best movers in the world, regardless of vanline affiliation.

Familyman

Postby Familyman » Mon May 05, 2008 2:55 pm

Sorry rydog444, I don't work there. Maybe I should apply! :) I'm just a mover in the process of moving and I too have been scammed before, not moving related though. I just didn't realize that people could spend so much time out here writing about how they got scammed in attempt to ruin one's company. I guess if it were me and I felt this strongly about something, I'd probably pursue legal matters rather than post crap all over the net in which could be used as damaging a business reputation and be re-sued back. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, didn't realize what I was getting into I guess.

I wish you all the best in resolving your scams.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Mon May 05, 2008 3:21 pm

Familyman, suing moving companies doesn't work. You obviously haven't been scammed by a mover nor tried to sue a scam mover. Most people that use a moving company do do their homework, they just don't know what to look for. That's why this website is here. To try to avoid having people go through a bad moving experience. There are people that do complain about mundain things that aren't a scam, and we tell them so. But there are many folks that end up paying a dubious company to move them and have problems.

I can tell where you're posting from, and you don't appear to work for a moving company.

rydog444

Postby rydog444 » Mon May 05, 2008 4:33 pm

Familyman wrote:I haven't used Loungecraft for moving services yet, but after reading your novel I think I'm going to go ahead and give them a call. You are the only one I could find that had a problem with them. So lets see here, you give someone your entire life in the back of a truck and have no clue who they are, yet you refuse insurance which is a fraction of what it's all worth. What happens if the truck would have caught fire, or maybe it was broken into by someone else? Do you not carry insurance on your house? You know there are other theives in the world and with you being the only one with a visible complaint as bad as this, you might just be crazy! :)

Sorry about your loss, learn from your mistake. Just because you had a bad situation with them doesn't give you the right to use such destructive words that could impact their company. Hopefully people that read this give them a chance of their own like I will rather then listen to one crazy person that has a few loose screws. Be an adult and deal with them direct, if you don't get anywhere and choose not to pursue it any further then writing BS like this, accept your loss and move on. (Get it, move on!) :)

It's really a no brainer, you insure your house and what's in it, when you move your house (no matter how you move it), you should insure it from Point A to Point B, period!

You also might want to consider this site in the future. [site removed - DON'T put it back up, FM!]

The FamilyMan

I think what gives me the most problems with you, are your comments here. Calling somebody who feels that they have been scammed crazy, having loose screws, telling them to be an adult, it's just all so silly. Why would you have such animosity toward this person?

That being said, there are two sides to every story. Nobody on this website backed this person, stood up and screamed, or did anything about it but not remove it. Should it have been removed? No. This is a public forum where people can voice their experiences, good or bad.

Look around at other topics. People complain about things all the time. You will see that other accusations have been shot down plenty. But there is no basis to discredit what the original poster said.

If somebody from any company accused of scamming wants to write a rebuttal on this forum, they are welcome. They won't be removed for defending their name. They will have to refrain from advertising, but that's about it.

I work for a moving company, as do many of the regular posters. I read complaints sceptically, normally natually looking at it from a movers standpoint. But there is no need for animosity here. Why?
My job is to give the best domestic and international moving services to my corporate clients by using the best movers in the world, regardless of vanline affiliation.

Familyman

Postby Familyman » Mon May 05, 2008 4:37 pm

Thanks Farrah. I'm sure there are legitmate scams, especially in the moving world. To me it seems like a moving company is just as vulnerable as the customer though. It's your word against theirs, especially if the move is subcontracted out etc. I would assume this is probably the top question most people should ask. Do you have your own trucks and employee's, or is this sub'd out? I would assume if the work is sub'd out, some type of insurance or liability policy between the two would be in place, otherwise both parties would be suseptable to legal matters. Since my link to the insurance moving company was removed, is there any site that offers moving insurance that this site will allow to be posted? (For future reference for myself and others) To me it just makes sense, you have insurance on your house, you should have insurance on your move. Just seems silly not too. When you have insurance on your house, you're not really insuring your house, more so what's in it, your personal values.

Return to “Report A Scam”