ALERT - avoid Dawn Moving (MD)

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
Skywalker

ALERT - avoid Dawn Moving (MD)

Postby Skywalker » Thu May 18, 2006 5:46 am

Dawn moving and storage owned and managed by Mr. Victor demirov and Mr. Charles (chuck) Hayen
both are former employees of Giant Van Lines. Mr. Hayen was the general manager of few of the giant spin offs and was Mr. Suissa right hand. Mr. Hayen has been with GVL for 5 years and he will do what ever he can the descive his customers

have fun ya'll

consumer advocate

Re: Isn't it just another Giant van lines spin off ?

Postby consumer advocate » Thu May 18, 2006 6:58 am

Thanks for the info.

Diane

Re: Isn't it just another Giant van lines spin off ?

Postby Diane » Thu May 18, 2006 10:11 am

Yes, Dawn is connected with Giant. See this post by MusicMom - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 5837#55837

In addition, this ad on vanlines.com indicates that Dawn Moving in Reiserstown (DOT #1321951) uses advertising written for In and Out Movers, another dubious company - http://www.vanlines.com/local_movers/co ... oving.html

This is what I posted previously about the In and Out in Chicago, if that is the company whose advertising was copied:
In and Out Moving & Storage, Inc., in Chicago, IL, with MC #306319. The president is Ariel Hershkovich and the secretary is Avner Bosklla. FBI statistics show that the majority of scam moving companies indicted in the U.S. are operated by citizens of Israel. According to www.safersys.org, the company says it has only 2 trucks and 4 drivers--far too few to do interstate moves--and its driver out of service record is much higher than the national average. - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 5267#15267

I'll add this info to my summary post on Maryland (see link below).
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

MusicMom

Re: ALERT - avoid Dawn Moving (MD)

Postby MusicMom » Thu May 18, 2006 11:23 am

Boy, they just can't come up with anything original, can they?

On the thread Diane linked to, where I originally posted about Dawn, I'm glad I copied and pasted their VanLines.com ad, since they have now corrected the mistake.

Current version:
http://www.123movers.com/compdir/compan ... al&z=20765
Old Version:
Dawn Moving Company
License US DOT # 1321951
License ICC MC # 511475
Phone Number --
Fax Number 410-796-0429
Toll Free 866-796-0422
Description
At Epic Relocation we understand that moving can be tiresome and time-consuming. Our customers and experience have taught us that time and money is important to them. Therefore, it is important to us. We want to give you the freedom of mind to focus on other important issues, while being fully confident that your move will be done professionally.

We specialize in residential, commercial, and corporate moves. There isn't any job we can’t handle. With our unique on-line booking services, comparable rates, free on-site estimates, packing and unpacking service, free box delivery, and free wardrobe rental-we surpass the competition. In addition, we offer free padding and shrink wrapping for your valuables. Let our knowledgeable, friendly staff take the load off your feet with our reasonable, reliable, and efficient moving services. Galesville, MD Moving Companies.

When you call us for service, we take care of it all. We do all of the packing, loading, and delivery. We are experienced in the moving industry and pay the same special attention to your unbreakable as we do your fragile items.

123Movers ad:
http://www.vanlines.com/local_movers/co ... oving.html
Dawn Moving company profile

Address: 1007 Green Hill Farm Road Reiserstown MD, 21136
License: USDOT - 1321951

Description: At In and Out Movers, our most important goal is your satisfaction. Our concern is for you, helping to make your move as smooth and pleasurable as possible by handling your belongings with the utmost care We offer free estimates for your moving needs.

chayen

Postby chayen » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:36 pm

Dawn is a good company. Victor and Valentin are both good people. The only way they're connected to Giant is by being former employees. This is Chris Hayen, not Chuck. Anyone who knows the story between me and Giant Van Lines should know that I would never promote a company that was involved with Giant in any way whatsoever.

MusicMom, if you know me, then you know that I wouldn't help Gabe.

SkyWalker, I'm curious if you have anything on Dawn other than the owners being former Giant Employees. Chuck isn't even a part owner like you claim.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:07 pm

Sorry, Chris, until Dawn Moving has proven itself, ANY connection to Giant is a huge red flag. The company has already had its license revoked once in just over a year of business. And like I said earlier, I called the number in Dawn's ad, and found myself talking to Epic Relocations.

Return to “Report A Scam”