Do not use Best Time Movers in Rockville, MD.....

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
zabed

Do not use Best Time Movers in Rockville, MD.....

Postby zabed » Wed May 24, 2006 12:09 pm

Best Time Movers
US DOT# 1081057
MC # 454790
Phone: 301-881-6999

1) When i booked Best time movers for my moving they promised me they will charge me 0.56/lbs. My estimated weight was 5000 Lbs. But the sales person, Nina, told me i would only pay the amount of whatever the weight come up to as long as it is more than 2100 lbs. The contract also says that. But after weighing the truck when my weight came up 3480 lbs, their dispatch guy, Ron, told me i would have to pay 0.75/lbs. since my weight is not 5000 lbs. I wanted to talk to Nina but apperantly she was out. I talked to their supervisor, still she told me they can offer me 0.75/lbs, it should have been much more than that. all along during this phone cobnversation both ron and the supervisor ( i believe sharon), was very rude was yelling at me. They we telling me " you people think we will do it free for you ......" I don't know what did he meant by "you People"... During this time i always called them and talked to them. When i refused to pay them the money and told them to unload my stuff, fromth etruck and place everything exactly it was, they agreed but they said they will charge me and i will not get my deposit $294.00 back. SO i iwould be losing the money anyway, besides I will have no time left for me to find me another mover. Basically they kept me as hostage and demanded the money. SO at the end I ended up paying them 0.75/lbs instead of 0.56/lbs that was agreed upon.
2) when the stuff arrived, they said the mover will do the setup as well, since i bought full service, but they didn't do anything when unloading. They only put my bed together and rest I did with my friend. When they unloaded the stuff, i saw various minor scratch on my wood furnitures and one of my dinnig chair was chipped off very bad. When i showed it to the unloader, they told they are just delivering, they don't know anything. Actually the delivery truck was form a different company than best time movers, the delivery company was A&E moving and storage out of New Jersey.
I know arguing with them will not give any result, so i didn't even bother to do anything else. Actually one if teh delivery guy told me, don't bother contacting the moving company for any discrepency or complain, because "it ain't gonna help".
3) when i booked best time movers they told me they have their own truck and they don't use any third party, but seems like they do. so they lied to me.
4) in general whenever i call them they don't really talk to my unless i keep calling them and finally get the person on the phone. I know almost everyone's voice by now and can associate the name with it, so i call them by their name when answer then they talk and give me runarround.

povphile

Re: Do not use Best Time Movers in Rockville, MD.....

Postby povphile » Wed May 24, 2006 2:02 pm

Make sure to file complaints with everyone you can. BBB, NTSB, Attorney Generals Office.

You cannot complain too long or too loud.
Don't argue with a fool, people may not be able to tell the difference.

zabed

Postby zabed » Thu May 25, 2006 8:42 pm

Yes I already did. Lets see waht happens. I filed copmpalint with all that is available
Thanks

Postby Guest » Sat May 27, 2006 12:30 pm

The company was amazed at the audacity Mr. Zabed had to approach your website and print all those lies; however, you have created the situation in which our firm would like to state the facts:
• Mr. Zabed was given by our saleslady, Ms. Nina, the estimate - according to a certain list of items he presented - and the price per pound based on the tariff set by our company.
• Mr. Zabed called back saying ‘he believed he had only 5,000pounds’ – he was given another estimate.
• On the day of the move and prior to loading Mr. Zabed’s stuff, Mr. Zabed informed our foreman that he had sold part of the stuff he wanted to move; as a result the foreman estimated the stuff and gave him another price based on the company’s tariff (less than the previous estimate). Mr. Zabed unconvinced called the firm’s office and asked to talk to Mr. Ron, the dispatch; Mr. Ron explained to him that in the range of 2,107 - 3500 pounds our tariff is 0.75 cants per pound.
In that conversation (or in any other, the issue of the way was going to move the stuff was not raised). Mr. Zabed agreed to the terms, signed the contract with the company.
Therefore the company is amazed to see such a distortion of the facts!
In addition to that, the company finds it difficult to understand how such a website can take it upon itself to try and damage the reputation of a company without even asking us for a response first!

consumer advocate

Postby consumer advocate » Sat May 27, 2006 1:32 pm

It appears that your reputation isn't exactly sterling. You have other unhappy customers who have posted on this site and you have an unsatisfactory BBB rating. I doubt that this customer's posting did any damage to your already bad reputation. So stop your whining and run along now, okay? :twisted:

povphile

Postby povphile » Sun May 28, 2006 5:46 am

"reputation of a company without even asking us for a response first!"

If I stand in the middle of Times Square and yell, "Angelina Jolie is having my baby!" every day for a year, a whole lot of people will hear it. It is up to them to beleive it or not. They can even call Ms. Jolie's agency and ask about it. You can bet that it will get back to Ms. Jolie or one of her reps. At that point she would have the opportunity to refute my claims.

This site performs a similar service with the exception that the owner, admins, and even the regulars do thier best to conduct research into the companies that have been reported on.

You have every right to come on here and rebut any comments made about your company, as you did in your post, but to withhold posted information until both sides of the story could be verified would be an excersize in futility comperable to me trying to convince the world that Angelina Jolie is carrying my child.
Don't argue with a fool, people may not be able to tell the difference.

Return to “Report A Scam”