ALERT - avoid Boston Quality Movers

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
SaraOne

ALERT - avoid Boston Quality Movers

Postby SaraOne » Fri May 26, 2006 10:42 pm

Hi,

I was moving with boston quality movers from brookline to natick and they were great, i was very happy,now i am moving with boston quality movers again but this time i am moving to florida, does any one know if this company is a good for a long distance move?

Thank
Sara

MusicMom

Re: Boston Quality Movers

Postby MusicMom » Sat May 27, 2006 10:36 am

No, they're not. No interstate license or insurance (click here). Applied for, but never received.

Here's a complaint about them as well.
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5586

SaraOne

Postby SaraOne » Sat May 27, 2006 1:13 pm

Hi ,

I just called Boston Quality Movers, saying I want to cancel my move to Florida with them because they don't have an interstate license and they said its not true, they said that they are not BQM any more, they are under a new owners , legal name is Vainstein movers DBA Boston Quality Movers, interstate license number: 536295
How do I found out if they are telling the truth?

Thank you very much for your help

Sara

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat May 27, 2006 8:29 pm

OK, well, this license number is valid (as of Dec 15, 2005), however, the DOT has only authorized them to drive within the state of MA. And, they only have one truck (not feasible for moves of a great distance). They still can't get you to FL.

I do wish the DOT and FMCSA would talk to each other!!!

http://www.safersys.org/query.asp?searc ... VERS%20LLC
(see under Carrier Operation)

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon May 29, 2006 3:35 pm

Definitely don't use BQM or whatever it is calling itself these days.

Please click on the link below my signature, read the first post, then scroll down to "Massachusetts" to see what has been said about companies in Boston.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

SaraOne

Postby SaraOne » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:08 pm

Hi Again,
well I just wanted to write back to all of you regarding my move to Florida. I checked all over this website before my move and realized the more I looked the more confused I got about picking a moving company. I found something wrong with every company I looked at. I moved with Boston quality before and trusted them, so I went with them. they picked up my things on June 1st and promised delivery on the 5th of June. they came through and delivered everything on the 5th ,one lamp was broken but other then that they were great again!

Sara

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:16 pm

I'm glad your move went well. But I will still tell anyone who asks that they do not look good, and steer them elsewhere. For all we know, they performed well because they knew you were posting here and would return with an update.

But as long as you're happy, that's all that matters.

Rita828

Postby Rita828 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:32 pm

We have had a terrible time with BQM on our move from the Boston area (Watertown) to Santa Rosa CA. I would encourage everyone to avoid this company like the plague!

Now all of our stuff is in the hands of Globus, a company detailed on this website.

Our original delivery date was 8/1, but we have been "assured" by Alan at BQM that tomorrow is the date for sure.

I don't want to bore you with the ugly details of what we've been through the past few days, but suffice it to say, we are extremely unhappy!

ExpertMover

Postby ExpertMover » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:27 pm

MusicMom wrote:OK, well, this license number is valid (as of Dec 15, 2005), however, the DOT has only authorized them to drive within the state of MA. And, they only have one truck (not feasible for moves of a great distance). They still can't get you to FL.

I do wish the DOT and FMCSA would talk to each other!!!

http://www.safersys.org/query.asp?searc ... VERS%20LLC
(see under Carrier Operation)

You can say that again and again and again.

June H

Re: ALERT - avoid Boston Quality Movers dba Vainstein Movers, Allston MA

Postby June H » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:12 pm

Illegal Business Boston Quality Movers, DBA VAinstein Movers, Allston, MA. Never having used movers before, I called BQM and spoke with Bryan Welch, who asked if I ever moved. I said NO and he sucked me in. I live 20 minutes from BQM warehouse and they charged me for 5 1/2 hours of a 1 hour move! I just needed 9 pieces of furniture moved out of the house and returned 2 weeks later while my floors were refinished. He said the total cost would be 311.00 each way and they would store the furniture for free. They returned, made my 90 year old mother sign a form in blank and refused to give me a copy, took my credit card and charged 800.00 on the credit slip and submitted a bill to my credit card company for 806.50. They also ripped a leg off of my 5000.00 sofa before bringing it back into the house and put the sofa cushions in front of the sofa and not on the sofa to cover the missing leg. When I called about the leg they said they would do NOTHING because I ripped the leg off myself! They do not have any insurance. Now I have to take them to court! They lie and never return calls and the delivery men claim that they do not speak or understand English. They seem to be Israeli's or possibly Arabs. I don't know for sure, but they know how to scam the American Public.
This company is the biggest scamming thieves that ever existed.
The cost of the move was 806.50, but the damage was 900.00

Return to “Open Community”