ALERT - avoid Across America Moving & Storage (CA)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

ALERT - avoid Across America Moving & Storage (CA)

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:43 am

Has anyone dealt with them? They are located at: 7624 Varna Ave North Hollywood California, 91605. Also, Cal PUC T # 190005, Us Dot # 1375280, and ICC MC # 512842.

They were supposed to be here 6/2 to 6/3 and they still haven't shown up (6/4/06). Moving from UT to WA. Need to be at new job Monday morning. Unfortunately I used Premium Relocation Services and didn't find this site until today. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
mike

Diane

Re: Across America Moving & Storage

Postby Diane » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:51 pm

The company's legal name is Levi Enterprises, Inc., and it has been licensed to do interstate moves for only a year. I would say that you are probably fortunate that they didn't show up.

If you have to start a new job in WA tomorrow, see if you can get a friend to supervise the pickup of your things in Utah. Broadway Express can usually do pickups fairly quickly, or you can call ABF at www.upack.com to have them drop off a mobile storage container. These would probably be your best options for a short-notice move.

If you paid a deposit that is refundable, contact your credit or bank card company to reverse the charges on the grounds that the company never showed up and no moving service was performed.

moverjim

Re: Across America Moving & Storage

Postby moverjim » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:03 pm

They don't look good. See the following on The Squeaking Wheel of a customer scammed by them.

http://www.thesqueakywheel.com/complain ... nt8603.cfm

The San Fernando Valley Area of Los Angeles is a hotbed of scammers.

I was unable to get on the safersys.org website to check their licensing. They carry no workman's comp insurance which doesn't allow them to perform moves within the state of California.

Also the 123 site is a rogues gallery of scammers.

MORE BAD NEWS http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff179483.htm

I know you have to get to work but don't move with them.

Re: ALERT - avoid Across America Moving & Storage (CA)

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:29 am

Well, they called at noon 6/04 and said they would be at our house at 5pm on that day. Told the driver he might as well turn around and go home, he wasn't gonna touch my stuff. Got a U-Haul and hauled butt to Spokane by 3am 6/05. Sure wish I had seen this site a month ago. Thanks for the info.

consumer advocate

Postby consumer advocate » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:24 am

Glad it turned out okay for you. I would have let them go to the trouble of showing up at an empty house. :twisted:

chaupher

Postby chaupher » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:56 pm

The company seems to be continuing with its scam as recent as my moving experience in 2008 - price at pickup was much higher than initial quote on-line; late delivery (more than 6 months); use of third party moving company without notice; upon delivery, held hostage belongings while demanding more $; rude and threatening; lost/damaged items; its insurance offered appx $42 for the whole ordeal.

Return to “Open Community”