SUPER MOVERS

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
mcn

SUPER MOVERS

Postby mcn » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:35 pm

I'm moving from Los Angeles to Bethesda at tbe end of the month and got a reasonable in home estimate from SUPERMOVERS. Has anyone had experience using them? I would love to get some feedback before I make my final decision.

Thanks!

Diane

Re: SUPER MOVERS

Postby Diane » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:40 pm

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8387

To find a reputable mover, click on the link below my signature, read the first post, and then scroll down to "California (Los Angeles)." If cost is a concern, consider using the freight companies Broadway Express or ABF U-Pack. There are more than 200 mostly rave reviews on stickies at the top of the messageboard.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:48 pm

The are rated C by the LA Better Business Bureau:

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Busin ... D=13180507

There are many top rated movers in L.A., don't go with someone ranked near the bottom.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:06 am

I am not sure that the Super Movers rated CCC by the LA area BBB is the same as the Super Movers in Northern CA that is a follow-on to Isaac's Relocation Services. Can anyone post evidence of a definite connection?

And for the original poster, what is the address or phone number of the company you are dealing with?

mcn

Postby mcn » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:58 am

The address on the business card that the estimator left me is: 19070 Reyes Ave. Compton, CA 90221 but the address on the actual sheet of paper where he wrote the binding estimate is: 212 Shaw Road #3, S. San Francisco, CA 94080.

They were formally known as Isaac's Relocation Services. I can't really find anything about them good or bad so I'm not sure what to do. Any advice is much appreciated.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:24 pm

Hi - judging from your information, it appears that the Super Movers in Los Angeles (Compton) is a branch of the company in San Francisco, which in turn is related to Isaacs in Boston and Philadelphia. Based on that and on its low rating with the LA BBB, I strongly advise you to avoid it. There is also one bad very recent review of the SF branch, which is misspelled but I urge you to pay attention to it:
5/4/06 - moved from SF to NY with Isaacs aka super movers. They destroyed everything I owned by leaving it out in the rain at some point during transport. someone else call quick transportation delivered it using threatening hostage situation if truck wasn't met.
I didn't hire quick transportation if this tells you anything.- http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 8269#58269

If you can tell us how much stuff you have, whether you need storage, and your budget for this move, we can try to help you further.

mcn

Postby mcn » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:34 pm

Thank you so much for the information! I will definately go with another company.

I'm not moving that much furniture. I have a Queen size bed & frame a double dresser, an armoire 2 large bookshelves a small book shelf a filing cabinet, stereo, 2 TVs and boxes of books & clothes.

I did receive another quote from Mayflower. Has anyone had a bad experience with them?

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:40 pm

Was it Blue Chip Mayflower? If so, it is much more reputable than Super Movers but I think you can do better. How many pounds did the Mayflower agent say that you have? How much was their quote?

Would you consider a self-move using either Broadway Express or ABF U-Pack? You could get people to load the container or truck and unload it in Bethesda. I can give you references for people who can do both.

How big is the double dresser and armoire (dimensions in feet)?
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

mcn

Postby mcn » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:52 pm

It was a Blue Chip moving & storage company. He estimated the total weight to be 2,682lb and the estimate was $2,413.98. SuperMovers' quote was $1,760.

The dimensions of the dresser are: 60" long, 42" tall & 21" deep.

This is my first long-distance move and I am willing to pay a little more money to have a peace of mind and not have to worry about my furniture being damages or scams.

Thanks again for your help.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:13 pm

I think you have a little too much stuff to use one of ABF's containers, and on the other hand you have well below Broadway Express' minimum, so it would probably be best to go with a full-service mover.

My only question is whether Blue Chip is the best choice for you. There are three other van line agents in the Los Angeles area that have better reviews and comments here. They are Andy's Transfer (North American Van Lines), Beverly Hills Transfer (Allied), and Gemini (United). If you do what I said above and click on the link below my signature and then scroll down to "California (Los Angeles)", you can see what has been said here about these three companies. Things are getting kind of booked up so I don't know whether these companies could accommodate you, but it might be worth making a phone call to get another quote. You should ask for a Guaranteed Not to Exceed quote (I don't know what type you have from Blue Chip). United calls this an Option C quote and Allied calls it a Total Price Guarantee quote with Guaranteed Rate Reduction.

How did you happen to get a quote from Blue Chip Mayflower?
Diane

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:41 pm

If you are moving at the end of June, it may already be too late to get competitive quotes. I'd pursue Blue Chip Mayflower if I were you. Since you are already in their system, they may be able to move you.

Many of the companies Diane mentioned might already be booked.

mcn

Postby mcn » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:02 pm

I called Andy's Transfer and they have a 4K weight minimum & I have around 2K. I emailed Beverly Hills Transfer and I'm waiting to hear back from them. Gemini was the 3rd company that I received a quote from and the estimate was the same as Mayflowers (around $2,600). Depending on what Beverly Hills Transfer quotes I'll go with either Gemini or Mayflower. I'll keep you guys posted.
Thanks again for your advice.

capescafe

Postby capescafe » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:12 am

I keep seeing some negative reports about Super Movers. And someone had posted this link to a Company Report from the BBB: http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=13180507
But then I've been getting several emails from Sharon at Super Movers and she posted this link to their Company Report on BBB and they have an AA rating: http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=100034596

So, I'm a little confused. Is this the same company? The quote she gave me was quite low though. I already have a quote from Movex for a move from Irvine, CA to Bellevue, WA for $1581. So for now we're going with that. But if a reputable full-service moving company were to give me a quote for close to that price, I'd probably go with the full-service movers because of course it would save us all that hard work of loading ourselves. But if this company isn't good, then I'll just stick with what we've got.

I'd just like some clarification on this Super Movers company. I've read a ton of posts on them, but I'm confused as to why the different company ratings on BBB and I'm just wondering if there are 2 companies with similar names, or if this is really the same company. Thanks for any help.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:32 am

Which one did you get your quote from? What's the address, phone number and/or website?

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:34 am

The first thing I see is that the website of the SuperMovers in Compton - www.super-movers.org - is registered to a Sharon Mashata in Hod HaSharon, Israel. Run for your life!

Then, this excerpt from their website seems to acknowledge a connection with the San Francisco company and Isaac's:-
About Us
Established in 1996 in South San Francisco, California. The company began in an effort to help a company in Boston with west coast relocations and to do local moves throughout the San Francisco area. The San Francisco office is one of 4 offices located nationwide. Our second office is located in Los angeles, California.

The website of the SuperMoversLA in Sun Valley (the first BBB listing above - the one rated CCC) doesn't work any more. Sometimes these companies will close up when things become too hot for them and reopen in a nearby city under a slightly different name. That enables them to get a new listing with the BBB.

Return to “Open Community”