please Help!!!

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
cady

please Help!!!

Postby cady » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:23 pm

I thought I had researched and thoroughly read these forums regarding movers and had hired a reputable mover-Apollo Moving and Storage from Somerset Nj. They came Thurs and moved me from NJ to MD in 1 day. First thing the driver said was this was way more stuff then he was told. they knew everything i had. then they tried to get me to have them bring my stuff tomorrow instead of that same day, saying they wouldn't get back till late but I insisted because I wanted my stuff "in my sight" so to speak. they loaded the first load and then we had to make a short stop at my parents house around the corner from my new place. Literally around the corner. They got there over an hr after me. Then they told me there wasn't enough room on the truck for the stuff at my parents house(they knew what was involved) and that I would have to prioritize because they weren't coming back again. So we grabbed the furniture and left the boxes from their house. We get to the new place and they unload and refused to even set my bed up or anything because they were in such a hurry to leave. They BROKE my babies brand new dressar and my entertainment center as well as a bookshelf. those were minor but ticked me off. Well I've unpacked and gone through EVERYTHING and I am missing my daughter's birthday present, part of her little tykes slide, and a box with barbies and important dvds. I called the movers and of course they said the truck came back empty but the stuff is neither here nor at my parents or grandma's place. So where is it? They're sending me a claim form and I will fill it out but I REALLY want the stuff back. You can't replace some of that stuff and I am SO upset about that. What should I do?

MusicMom

Re: please Help!!!

Postby MusicMom » Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:39 pm

File a complaint with the DOT, FMCSA, and the MD Attorney General.

I'm not sure why a box of toy parts would be missing, is it possible they threw it into a bigger box to save space?

Did the price change at all because of you having "more stuff"?

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:17 pm

Reports on this company on this website are actually not so hot. From my summary post on NJ movers:
--Apollo Moving & Storage (North American) in Somerset.
This company with MC #73535 also uses the name Able Apollo (somewhat confusing in view of the other NAVL agent Able Metro in the same area). Industry professionals have said that it is reputable. However, it has a high "vehicle out of service" rating on www.safersys.org with many of the problems having to do with brakes. It has given people fairly low GNTE quotes.
"ShirazM" reported that a box was missing from his apparently self-hauled shipment when it was delivered in Chicago, but we have no final report on this and responsibility is unclear:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6188 (interstate)
"Grizzlybel" complained that a sofa transported by Apollo was damaged when it came out of mini-storage in Ohio, but there is no way of knowing who caused the damage:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6863 (interstate)

I'll add your report to this post. Sorry.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

cady

Postby cady » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:45 am

Thanks. Yes I don't understand either why toy parts would be missing but several things were broken and 2 boxes are definintely missing. Of course they're saying the truck was emptied and sending me a claim form but what does that do for me? Will the reimburse me? I just want my stuff back!

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:33 am

In the past in a situation like this the missing box turned up in what's called the "belly box" (a container underneath the truck between the wheels). You might suggest that the driver look there. The reason that I suggest this is that if the trailer was very full, the driver might have had to use that space for the last few items.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”