QUICK REPLY REQUEST RE: MY CA to MA move

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
daisy88

QUICK REPLY REQUEST RE: MY CA to MA move

Postby daisy88 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:24 pm

I've appreciated all the info. & help so far...

Now I have 2 estimates & ?'s to go with them.

company A
North American Van Lines
Agent-ANDY'S TRANSFER & STORAGE (called them based on reviews)
estimator knowledgeable & helpful, gave me 2 not to exceed proposals:
#1 if they pack some of my fragiles & I don't sell my extra stuff=5,600lbs.
total not to exceed cost $6263.13
#2 if they pack some of my fragiles & I do sell my extra stuff=4,000lbs.
total not to exceed cost $4915.42
I don't see a DOT # and what is it exactly?

company B
Wheaton
Agent-Aaron's Full Service Moving & Storage (can't find any info.)
DBA Micor Transportation Group (AA rating w/ BBB)
estimator knowledgeable & helpful, wrote on the proposal NOT TO EXCEED
& bid it with me selling my extra stuff=3,500lbs total estimated charges $4049.97...but in a box he checked total option binding estimate cost if additional services required at destination 4,457.61 (57%) WHAT IS THIS? ANY INPUT/OPINIONS/EXPERIENCES WOULD BE HELPFUL IN MAKING MY DECISION...I have to choose TONIGHT b/c I move on the 20th of June! Thanx

Diane

Re: QUICK REPLY REQUEST RE: MY CA to MA move

Postby Diane » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:19 pm

Hi - I don't know anything about that particular Wheaton agent (the AA rating is good, however). The additional services thing is just to warn you what it will cost if you need a shuttle in Boston. Did Andy's say that you might need a shuttle?

You sent me a Private Message asking what Wheaton's "Total Option Binding Quote" meant. It is confusing that van lines use different terms, but that is Wheaton's term for a GNTE quote.

People in the industry have said that in general it's better to go with a larger van line for a crosscountry move in the summer. You could have a long delivery delay with Wheaton. Since Andy's has performed well for people posting here, my off-the-top-of-my-head recommendation is to go with them. Whatever you decide, please come back to tell us how it goes.

Return to “Open Community”