looking for chicago mover for inter city move

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
d-lovely

looking for chicago mover for inter city move

Postby d-lovely » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:01 pm

hello,
i'm looking to hire a mover asap for a local chicago move. I've used usa moving out of skokie, IL in the past and while they're good, they're pretty expensive. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I've check burrows, which has good ratings with Angie's list and the BBB but they quoted me 200.00 per hr. :shock: wasn't sure if the guy was kidding or not. granted i'd like to move a the end of the month, a pretty busy time for movers, but I only have a 1bdroom.

Diane

Re: looking for chicago mover for inter city move

Postby Diane » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:08 pm

You may have problems finding somebody because it's such a busy time. However:- click on the link below my signature, read the first post, and then scroll down to "Illinois." Near the bottom you'll see a section headed "For local moves" and you could try calling some of those companies. Fallback would be renting a Penske truck and getting workers from LaborReady.com or emove.com. Make sure that they come with dollies or hand trucks.

I'll add your good report on USA Moving to my summary report on IL movers.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”