Flat Rate Review

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
burberry

Flat Rate Review

Postby burberry » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:19 am

Hi,
I have used your site for two moves, one from Manhattan to New Rochelle and now another from New Rochelle to Westport, CT. Your message boards have been extremely helpful so thank you!

I moved from New Rochelle to Westport, CT this past Sunday June 24th. We used Flat Rate moving company because they gave us a good bid (much less than many of the others Coleman Brothers was one that i remember) and because your site didn't say they were too bad (not great but not horrible)

They came and did an in-house estimate and before we moved we had time to move some things ourselves and they returned and gave us another lower estimate for the rest of the things we had to move.

I will post the names of some of the people I worked with later. I am surrounded by two hundred boxes but just wanted to post this quickly in case anyone is thinking of using Flat Rate. We had a wonderful experience with them. The estimator was really nice and a complete gentleman and the movers were beyond helpful. They showed up on time and worked tirelessly all day. We had a very big move (7 bedroom house) and we hadn't finished packing everything and they jumped right in and finished everything up. So far, I haven't found anything missing and not one thing broken! They showed up on time and didn't finish until around 10pm as it had been storming pretty badly on and off all day. They were patient with the rain and very conscious of making sure they wrapped everything very well to avoid any water or other damage. I will write more later but just wanted to commend their work.

Burberry

Re: Flat Rate Review

Postby Burberry » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:20 am

The foreman was absolutely wonderful too.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:28 am

Thanks so much for this review. If you can post not only the names of the people but your cost as compared with the other bids and who those bids were from, that would be very helpful. Was this an hourly-based move?
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

PetiteSyrah

Postby PetiteSyrah » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:42 pm

I also had a wonderful experience with Flat Rate, moving from Los Angeles to NYC.

They came to my apartment (basically a 1BR, moving very little furniture but close to 30 boxes of books) for the in house estimate, and the bid came in at $2120 for a full-pack move with two dropoffs. . Mayflower's bid was well over $6000, Sterling was over $5000. So, on a budget, we went with Flat Rate.

They showed up early, packed up, were in contact with me during the move, and showed up when they said they would--in consultation with my schedule. One thing you should know is that they seemed to sub-contract to CA-NY Express. But, all of my stuff arrived in one piece, well-packed, and they were very responsive. They charged me exactly what the bid had been.

I would use them again.

Return to “Open Community”