Help - The moving connection (Part two) Their response

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
arizonaone

Help - The moving connection (Part two) Their response

Postby arizonaone » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:53 am

Attached please find a copy of their email response. I had read somewhere on this site that you should continue to email the company multiple times a day. Well I did that and finally got what I wanted. The message here is NEVER GIVE UP!!!

"Thank God we are not moving you. You obviously have nothing better to do with your time. I cannot even imagine how you can justify scheduling a move with a company, giving a non-refundable deposit to hold the spot thus taking that space away from other potential clients that wish to move, and demanding your money back by quoting laws you know nothing about.

And for your information, I planned on giving you back your measly deposit. Your $200.00 will not make me poor lady but obviously it will make you rich since you seem to think it is OK to play around with peoples livelyhood. I will not, however, eat the credit card cost associated with this charge. The cost to us is 2.7% plus $0.25 for each transaction (the charge and the credit). Your card will be refunded the amount of $194.10 sometime today. Hope you will be able to find something else to do with your time now since you have no reason to email us for the next eight hours.

Again, thank God we didn't move you and thank God for the company that didn't hire you that you will not be working for them.

The Moving Connection"

Nancy

Re: Help - The moving connection (Part two) Their response

Postby Nancy » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:02 pm

Complain to your credit card company about the fees!! They aren't allowed to withhold that. The fees are a cost of doing business and can not be passed along to the consumer.

arizonaone

Postby arizonaone » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:30 pm

Thank you Nancy. I didn't know that. I guess this is just another instance of their poor business tactics.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:34 pm

I would also send a copy of that email to your credit card company.

You are entitled to your measly deposit, plus the credit card fee.

Besides letting us know here what happened, perhaps you'd consider posting something on epinion.com for those who might not know about movingscam.com

Lee
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:53 pm

arizonaone,

There is no category on Epinions.com for MovingScam.com or The Moving Connection and it's very difficult to get new moving-related companies listed. However, if you can mention MovingScam.com in other forums, such as professional or school-related forums, please do so that we can warn others.

I'll add The Moving Connection as a NJ company to avoid in my summary post linked to below. There are other bad remarks about it here.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:55 pm

I had a brain freeze...

I meant ripoffreport

Lee
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:57 pm

The proprietor of RipoffReport does not allow MovingScam.com or any other website to be mentioned there and he deletes any such references.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:59 pm

does the website have to be mentioned.. I was primarily speaking of the specific company involved in the scam. Not movingscam

Lee

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:02 pm

Oh, OK . . . yes, arizona could and should post about The Moving Connection on RipoffReport if he wants. That website comes up high on Google so a warning would be effective.

arizonaone

Postby arizonaone » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:56 am

Thanks all. I will definately post my problems with The Moving Connection on the site mentioned.

By the way I am a she :)

Return to “Open Community”