ALERT - avoid Garrett Moving & Storage (MD)

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies
Tibor

ALERT - avoid Garrett Moving & Storage (MD)

Postby Tibor » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:19 pm

Garrett Movers, based in Jessup, MD, are simply the worst movers I have ever encountered. Not only were they several weeks late in arriving w/ my items, they were completely and totally unresponsive to any calls of inquiry.

I have been waiting 6 weeks for an answer to a claim of damages, and they will simply not answer my inquiries. Phone messages, faxes, and letters are ignored.

Avoid at all costs Garrett Movers & Storage.

Diane

Re: ALERT - avoid Garrett Moving (MD)

Postby Diane » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:47 pm

There have been other negative posts about them, for example here - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7220 - and I've already warned about them to my "Maryland" post linked to below. I'm changing the title of this thread to strengthen the warning.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

lisastwins06

Re: ALERT - avoid Garrett Moving & Storage (MD)

Postby lisastwins06 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:16 pm

I feel I must jump in and reply to this post. 2 years ago I too contracted a move with Garrett from MD to FL and they LIED to me, lost some of my items and arrived VERY late with them. Many things were damaged and for all they lost/damaged I got a measly $400 from them. They're VERY unresponsive to claims and RUDE. PLEASE AVOID. Good luck getting your items.

Diane

Re: ALERT - avoid Garrett Moving & Storage (MD)

Postby Diane » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:53 pm

Someone posted this about Garrett in a Washington DC community blog dated 2/26/04:
**** From: Elizabeth Schickedanz <elizabeth_haile@hotmail.com>
I wanted to let people know if they are looking for a mover, DO NOT use Garrett Moving and Storage
in Maryland. We had horirble problems with a small move from just a few blocks away - they loaded
all the furniture so sloppily that almost every piece of furniture we have was damaged. They were totally
non-responsive to follow up, rude, and managed to avoid service of a complaint by moving business
locations.
http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:HqDN ... =clnk&cd=6

Return to “Report A Scam”