**Your Personal Mover (Denver) praise

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
needamoverdenver

**Your Personal Mover (Denver) praise

Postby needamoverdenver » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:32 am

We just had Your Personal Mover, a small family owned moving company, move our home for a local move in Denver and they were excellent. Our fianl cost turned out to be much less the quote and the movers were quick and careful with our stuff. Its nice because they charge a flat trip fee instead of charging time from warehouse to warehouse. :D

BigLeeCalif

Re: Your Personal Mover (Denver) praise

Postby BigLeeCalif » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:57 am

You need to give us more information than what you have, so that we can add your comments to the review of movers.

When you say flat fee, are you saying they didn't charge you an hourly moving rate, with a minimum number of hours?
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:04 am

The person probably means that they charged a flat fee for travel such as $25 rather than charging by the actual time traveled. One company that I contacted in Denver for a quote said they did that as well.

This is the contact info for Your Personal Mover at www.yourpersonalmover.net:

Your Personal Mover
314 Arapahoe Street
Golden , CO 80403 [US]
Phone Number: 303.277.1221

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:56 pm

I thought that that type of system should have been instituted in California a long time ago Diane.

For our contractual companies for local office moves, we had established drive times from city to city... i.e. Oakland to SF 35 min. Since it had to be charged as double drive time, they knew up front what the charge would be.

What irritates people is sometimes the guys take circuitous routes to bump up the drive time. For drives less than 15 min there was a 15 min x 2 charge.

For instances where there was unusual delays, i.e. gridlock, then the timebar on the top of the bill of lading was cross referenced, and the actual time used. Naturally a copy of the freight bill was attached to the invoice.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:13 pm

I added this review to my summary post on Colorado movers. Thanks to the OP for posting it.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

needamoverdenver

Postby needamoverdenver » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:01 pm

The flat rate was only for a "trip fee" (included gas and travel time from their facility). Basically they charged one hour of time ($85), opposed to several companies I had contacted that charged for the time they left the warehouse to the time they returned. In addition, they charged an hourly rate starting from the time they arrived at our door to the time the left our new house. Does that clarify the issue?

jimm1909

Postby jimm1909 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:09 pm

needamoverdenver wrote:We just had Your Personal Mover, a small family owned moving company, move our home for a local move in Denver and they were excellent. Our fianl cost turned out to be much less the quote and the movers were quick and careful with our stuff. Its nice because they charge a flat trip fee instead of charging time from warehouse to warehouse. Denver :D Denver

I just moved to Denver a few weeks ago and we also used Your Personal Mover. I would definitely recommend them to anyone, the flat fee was nice and the people were even nicer. I definitely like the family-owned vibe and service that was provided.

Thanks!

-Jim

Return to “Open Community”