ALERT - avoid A & E Moving (Eatontown, NJ; MC #461152 )

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
mss926

ALERT - avoid A & E Moving (Eatontown, NJ; MC #461152 )

Postby mss926 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:09 am

Has anybody used or heard of this company(website is AEMOVING.COM)? I have done a search and find no info. I am moving from South Jersey to Northern California next month and still not decided on a moving company.

Diane

Re: A and E Moving based in Eatontown, NJ

Postby Diane » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:15 am

Hi - I don't know anything about A and E, but be careful not to choose a small local mover for a move of this distance.

You might want to click on the link below my signature, read the first post, and scroll down to "New Jersey" to read what has been said here about moving companies in your area.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:57 pm

Avoid A&E at all cost they damaged $20,000 of my property. Charged for services never performed. Told me I would have my stuff in 4 days it took 13. They have ignored request from BBB, Myself The insurance company for an explenation of the damages they caused? DOT Federal motor carriers is currently investigating.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:16 pm

Red flags with this company with MC #461152 include coupons on the website and website registered to Eli Saban. FBI statistics show that the great majority of individuals indicted for operating scam moving companies in the U.S. are citizens of Israel. A & E has been licensed to do interstate moves only since June 2003.

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:19 am

I also used this mover and I'm still waiting for them to respond to me. The destroyed more than half my stuff. They laughed when I asked for reimbursement.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:40 am

Guest, here is a list of places to complain to with a move gone bad:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9256

Good luck!

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:44 pm

Thanks

Too Late

Re: ALERT - avoid A & E Moving (Eatontown, NJ; MC #46115

Postby Too Late » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:21 am

I learned the hard way once before they lost half my stuff and I didn't follow up because I believed them when they said there was nothing they could do about it and I should have bought private insurance. I am moving again and will not make the same mistake twice.

Uninsurable

Postby Uninsurable » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:30 pm

I tried to get private insurance on this company and was told they are uninsurable? Does anyone know how I can legally cancel my contract with them?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:14 am

I'm not sure what "uninsurable" means to an outside comapny, but to legally cancel your move with them, please follow these tips:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5246

xus

Re: ALERT - avoid A & E Moving (Eatontown, NJ; MC #461152 )

Postby xus » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:46 pm

Hi,
I'm surprised to see the previous posts. I used A&E moving in Eatontown already twice and all was fine and they are insured. Looks like posts of competitors from other companies who are trying to bad mouth them! 8)

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:00 pm

No, they're not competitors, they're customers. If your move went well, this does not mean that other people have had such luck.

I'm glad you are so happy with your service provider to search out this one forum and attack other unhappy users of the same service. Do you provide such a deal to your cable and plumber as well?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:06 pm

Oh, hey, what's this?
A & E MOVING & STORAGE, INC
541 Industrial Way West
Eatontown, NJ 07724
View Location Map

Original Business
Start Date:
1/1/1993
Local Business
Start Date: 6/1/1999
Type of Entity: Corporation
Principal: Eli Sabon, President
Local Phone Number: (800) 897-6616
Fax Number: (732) 751-8878
Membership Status: This company is not a member.
TOB Classification: Movers

The information in this report has either been provided by the company, or has been compiled by the Bureau from other sources.

BBB Membership

On January 24, 2007 this company's membership in the BBB was revoked by the BBB's Board of Directors due to failure to respond to one or more consumer complaints filed with the BBB.

Nature of Business

This company offers moving, packing and storage services.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaint(s). The company has resolved most complaint(s) presented by the Bureau; however, the Bureau did not receive a response to other complaint(s).

When evaluating complaint information, please consider the company's size and volume of business. The number of complaints filed against the company may not be as important as the type of complaints and how the company handled them.

The Bureau processed a total of 21 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total 21 complaints in the last 36 months, 9 of those were closed in the last 12 months.

Complaints Concerned
Advertising Issues: 1
Outcome of the complaint -
Resolved: 1

Sales Practice Issues: 2
Outcome of all complaints -
Resolved: 1; No Response: 1; |[Company failed to
respond to the BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.]|

Delivery Issues: 4
Resolved: 3; |[Company resolved the complaint issues.
The consumer failed to acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.]|
Administratively Closed: 1

Service Issues: 4
Resolved: 3; Unresolved: 1

Refund or Exchange Issues: 3
Resolved: 3; |[Company resolved the complaint issues.

Contract Issues: 2
Resolved: 2

Billing or Collection Issues: 5
Resolved: 4; |[Company resolved the complaint issues.
Administratively Closed: 1; |[BBB determined the company made a reasonable offer to resolve the issues, but the consumer did not accept the offer.]|

Return to “Open Community”