Graebel - From Houston to D.C.

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Ang

Graebel - From Houston to D.C.

Postby Ang » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:42 am

I recently completed a move from Houston, TX to the D.C. area using Graebel Van Lines. I found them by searching these forums for recommendations, so I thought I would add my own.

The salesman/estimator who came to my house to do the estimate was very professional and well-informed. He gave me all the paperwork/information he was required to provide, and went over the estimate with me in detail. Everything was included - the bulky item charge for my piano, shuttle service (if necessary), extra stop, etc. We discussed all the aspects of the move and he answered all my questions.

When I had to call to change the moving date, we worked together to choose a new date that actually lowered my cost because it took me outside their peak period (by 1 day).

My move included an extra stop at a mini-storage unit, and this was handled with no problems.

The driver and I exchanged cell-phone numbers and remained in contact throughout the delivery day as my things were transferred to the shuttle (my final destination was in an old neighborhood with narrow, winding streets).

Everything was handled in a very professional manner and at no time did I feel like there was anything I wasn't being told. I would move with Graebel again with no hesitation.

Diane

Re: Graebel - From Houston to D.C.

Postby Diane » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:59 am

Thanks for this review - I added it to my summary post on TX.

Return to “Open Community”