Any experiences w/Greenmount Moving?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Speed

Any experiences w/Greenmount Moving?

Postby Speed » Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:43 pm

Anyone have a experience with Greenmount Moving Co of Hanover, MD? I moving from MD to Florida and considering this company?

Diane

Re: Any experiences w/Greenmount Moving?

Postby Diane » Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:53 pm

I think this is a United agency and someone who posts here frequently as BigLee has a contact there, so I'm sure he will answer you eventually. You have to be very careful in the Maryland area as it is a hotbed of scammers. It would be good if you could give us the exact address of the company and its phone number and website, if any, so we can be sure what company you are dealing with.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:14 am

Hi Speed,

Greenmount is located in two places in Maryland....

They have offices and warehouses in Upper Marlboro, and in Baltimore, with corporate offices located in Bowie, MD.

Website located at http://www.greenmount.com/grmtabt.shtml

I am in the SF Calif Bay area, and just so happens the other day one of their drivers was in to load one of our shipments headed to Cumberland, MD.
Very clean equipment, and the driver's tractor looked like a rolling hotel, with all the comforts of home, including a shower....

Josh is in Cleveland, and Michael is in Raleigh, NC, and they would probably be able to offer some of their comments also.

As always, I would caution you to follow the same procedures and checklists that we constantly advise members here to do.... get several estimates (visual only), compare, and follow your gut instinct.

If all your research is successful, you should have a safe and damage free move...

Lee

Ken

Postby Ken » Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:00 pm

"Josh is in Cleveland, and Michael is in Raleigh, NC, and they would probably be able to offer some of their comments also."

I'm in Boston and work for United as well. I have depended on Greenmount to help me with my customers in the MD and greater DC area for years, and have yet to have a problem with them. I can't say that you will have a flawless experience with them seeing as I work with them on an agent to agent basis and you would be going in on a customer to moving company basis, but I think it's safe to say that you don't have to be concerned with them being of the "classic scam moving company" mold.

Good luck!

-Ken

Josh

Postby Josh » Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:59 pm

Thanks for your help Ken. Lately Biglee has been asking a lot of me. I am glad you can jump in and let us know what you think.

I guess Michael has retired. Must have landed that IBM contract or something. Before long we will have every major city represented here!

Lee, just jokin with ya!

Josh :wink:

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:19 pm

Michael has a beautiful new 10-day-old son. He tells me that he's too tired to post these days because he has to work nights now, changing diapers and so on. So actually, Josh, we could say that he landed not an IBM contract but a BM contract . . . so to speak.

Welcome, Ken--are you the same "Ken" who used to post on www.movingadvocateteam.com?

Michael

Postby Michael » Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:26 pm

So there you go, a different kind of million dollar account, lol. I have been trying to get here as much as possible, lol, but how much of a difference can one united agent from another make when we talk about United, lol.

I want to thank Tim for sending me the Dateline tape, hell he even put it on a CD for me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aside from the new baby I have been busy working on the Bejiing Science Museum Exhibit, we brought down from your neck of the woods in Cleveland Josh. 4-40ft containers and 2-20ft containers. Jammed packed. And unbeliveably heavy, lol. Back at it tomorrow morning at 6:30 to finish up.

But getting use to two-three hour sleep shifts is tiring, lol. Welcome aboard Ken.
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

consumer advocate

Postby consumer advocate » Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:49 pm

Michael...congratulations on your new son.

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:23 am

No problem Michael. After all you've done here for so long it's the least I could do. Congratulations to both you and Josh on your family additions. :D

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

Return to “Open Community”