Review: Cor-O-Van/Moovers Inc./ Elite/ Moving Star (CA to AZ

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Review: Cor-O-Van/Moovers Inc./ Elite/ Moving Star (CA to AZ

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:38 pm

I got estimates from three companies

Cor-O-Van
Moovers Inc.
Moving Star

and 2 internet companies

Elite Moving & Storage
USA moving

The Internet companies couldn't come out and survey the household and had to go on what was reported. They both came in at around 5000 lbs. The in person ones came in at:

Cor-O-Van: 8200
Moovers: 8900 (in person said 8550)
Moving Star: 12000

*ahem*

Moving Star was first: Glossy pages, lots of BBB stuff, sent Binding-not-to-exceed after meeting in the mail, included 40 boxes, 1 month free storage. Sent prescreened references we asked for.

Moovers: Nice guy (Jayson), Hand walked around making notes, knowledgeable, mentioned this website and spent time answering a lot of our question. Really strived to be transparent and explain how things worked, recommended a good scheme for putting stuff into ministorage. Binding not-to-exceed by pdf w/ inventory, Nice follow-up email.

Cor-O-Van : Personable (Richard Cox), Had a plastic sheet with computer handheld, very experienced, Does high volume moves so could gaurentee delivery faster than Moovers. Had binding not to exceed before he left w/ paper inventory. Good discount on tarrif, about 5% more than Moovers But they charge extra to move into ministorage. Helped me do the math to see what size storage I'd need. Also had nice discussion about "hidden fees" presented me with list of fee's upfront for stuff like shuttle, wait time, etc on a JIC basis.

Internet companies:

Elite vastly underestimated the weight and called a lot. They didn't have anyone to send out to do it in person. Good price per lb and discount on tariff. Their SafSys rating wasn't so good though and have only been around a year.
Based in Vegas, so maybe check them out if you are in Nevada.

Diane

Re: Review: Cor-O-Van/Moovers Inc./ Elite/ Moving Star (CA t

Postby Diane » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:30 am

Thanks for this detailed report. You sound as if you have two good choices. It was nice to hear such good things about the Cor-o-Van sales rep - I assume you mean the company in northern CA. Are you dealing with the Dublin or San Francisco office? Please keep us updated as to who you choose and how it goes.

People shouldn't use Elite whether they're in Vegas or not, trust me on that.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:13 pm

The Cor-O-Van sales rep (Richard) was out of Pleasanton, CA

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:05 pm

Maybe they moved from Dublin to Pleasanton - does anybody know? Anyway, this is listed as their North Bay location on the www.corovan.com website.

Return to “Open Community”