Nationwide Moving and Storage, CT

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Soup Lady

Nationwide Moving and Storage, CT

Postby Soup Lady » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:34 pm

Anyone have any experience with Nationwide Moving and Storage out of Bloomfield, CT? They are part of North American Van Lines (Ft Wayne, IN, MC-107012).

I received a decent quote from them moving 2000# from CT to FL (not a low quote, but lower than my 2 highest quotes).

Would appreciate any feedback, good or bad.

farrah7031

Re: Nationwide Moving and Storage, CT

Postby farrah7031 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:06 am

I have not heard of them, personally but they're probably ok. Can you tell us who you got other quotes from and for how much?

Soup Lady

Postby Soup Lady » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:35 pm

I've had a wide range of estimates, all but one from companies who did not come out and look at the storage unit but quoted on what I told them (size of storage unit, amount of furniture/boxes in unit).

All American Van Lines gave me binding estimate of $1,066.50 based on 1,659 lbs/237 cubic ft.

Available Movers & Storage - $1485.20. Didn't say what type of estimate it was. Based on 1806 lbs, 258 cubic ft.

Amodio Van and Storage - Non-Binding estimate of $1637.25 based on 2100 lbs (minimum)

Fixed Price Moving Systems - $1400 based on 350 cubic ft.

I had other quotes that I tossed, as I saw they were on the black list mentioned on this site.

Only one company sent a rep out to look over the storage unit, and he said it appears we would be under 2000 lbs, but his company also quoted on 2100# minimum. His quote was $1900.

I actually fought with a rep from Moving Van Lines over the phone today because he quoted me for cubic feet, and I questioned him about the legality of doing it this way. He said he would e-mail me a quote, but I still haven't gotten it. It would go in the trash anyway.

I'm going to go with Nationwide Moving and Storage. I had a long talk with the sales rep and feel comfortable with their non-binding quote of $1499, plus $.69/lb over 110% of estimate. I'm also comfortable because they are a part of the NAVL system.
Tell me if I'm wrong to do this!

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:47 pm

I think they're OK. The BBB site says they have been in business since 1939 and they have only 1 complaint over the past 36 months - http://www.connecticut.bbb.org/commonre ... l?bid=1523

Please come back to report as we're always looking for good movers to move people to FL.

The All American Van Lines you were dealing with - was that the Stevens agent on Long Island or some other All American?

Soup Lady

Postby Soup Lady » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:25 pm

The All American Van Lines quoted me via e-mail, and there was no address, only a phone number, 800-908-6007. Contacts listed were Justin or Dave.

I'll let everyone know how the move goes in late September. I really appreciated all the help from this website!

Return to “Open Community”