ALERT - avoid Able Apollo Moving & Storage in NJ (NAVL)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
lisastwins06

ALERT - avoid Able Apollo Moving & Storage in NJ (NAVL)

Postby lisastwins06 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:43 pm

I have posted before about my experience with Able Apollo Moving from Somerset NJ and how they lost a bunch of my stuff and damaged stuff. Well they use Baker Ins co and for the several THOUSAND dollars they lost they refuse to pay because they say I signed nothing was missing(I WAS not told and did NOT know)). I had FULL insurance coverage and now I am out my money and items. This was a 1 day interstate move from NJ to MD and they never marked or counted boxes. They finished at 1 am. How was I to know what was missing then? Please tell me I'm not SOL. For all they damaged I get a measeley$250

Diane

Re: Scammed By Able Apollo Moving&Storage

Postby Diane » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:56 pm

Hi again - could you please click on the link below and confirm to me that this is the Apollo company you are talking about?
http://li-public.fmcsa.dot.gov/LIVIEW/p ... ath=LIVIEW

I know I have asked you this before but I find it hard to believe that a bona fide North American Van Lines agent is acting like this and using Baker International insurance to provide coverage for its shipments. It should have sold you valuation coverage. I am wondering whether this company is some kind of renegade agent.

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:28 pm

hi yes this is them. i am not lying. they lost my stuff and are refusing to compensate.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:57 pm

Have you contacted the North American corporate office?

Diane

Re: ALERT - avoid Able Apollo Moving & Storage in NJ (NA

Postby Diane » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:25 pm

Since this is the fourth serious complaint on this website about the North American Van Lines agent Able Apollo in Somerset, NJ, I am changing it from a "Be Cautious" to an "Avoid" listing in my summary post on NJ moving companies linked to below. I hope that the corporate office corrects the situation because in my opinion it reflects badly on the van line to have it as an agent. The company, which sometimes goes just by the name Apollo, doesn't have any good reviews here.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:49 pm

Thanks so in the meantime what can I do? Baker insurance is obviously on their side and Kim, the person I am supposed to deal with, NEVER returns my phone calls. I finally got ahold of her Friday and she tells me I signed a form saying all of my items were there and accounted for and I NEVER did any such thing. I did not know at 1 am that anything was missing and they never inventoryed anything so how would I know what was missing until I had gone through it? She promised to contact me back today and never did. She's also saying for everything they damaged they are only giving me $250 measley dollars. What do I do now? That covers not even the cost of a new dresser! Whom do I contact to go after this company? I want replacement for my lost and damaged items.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:06 pm

You probably did sign something indicating that you had received your things in good order. However, you need to do what Nancy said - contact the North American Van Lines corporate office and tell them what happened: that there was no inventory list or bingo sheet available. Also tell them that Apollo referred you to Baker International rather than offering you valuation coverage. The fact that somebody wants to give you $250 shows that they are accepting responsibility for at least something, which should help your case.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:59 am

can you please provide that number for that office? I can't seem to find it. Thanks.

Diane

Postby Diane » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:04 pm

This is from the website at www.navl.com:

For questions regarding your U.S. household goods shipment, contact Customer.Service@navl.com or call 1.800.348.2111.

The phone number is also a number for the claims department.

bosoxfan

Re: ALERT - avoid Able Apollo Moving & Storage in NJ (NAVL)

Postby bosoxfan » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:17 pm

Apollo - North American Van Lines (Somerset, NJ) has closed their doors.

Also, Morgan Moving and Storage out of Pottstown, PA has been acquired by L&J Moving and Storage out of Temple, PA. L&J will occupy the Pottstown location and now is the only North American Van Lines agency serving the greater Philadelphia - Delaware region.

Return to “Open Community”