CAUTION: Coleman American Moving Services (Allied)-Baltimore

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
menanteau

CAUTION: Coleman American Moving Services (Allied)-Baltimore

Postby menanteau » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:13 pm

Hi,

I'll be moving from Baltimore, MD to New Jersey very soon. I've received a quote from Coleman American Moving Services in Baltimore, and Allied partner. I had a horrible experience a few years ago and would like to avoid that to happen again. Anyone know or has any idea of the reputation of this company?

Thanks

PMueller

Re: Coleman American Moving Services (Allied) in Baltimore

Postby PMueller » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:29 pm

Coleman American is a legitimate mover that represents Allied Van Lines. However, this particular office does not have the type of quality ratings that some of the other Allied offices have in that area.

If you are interested in working with Allied, I would suggest contacting Allegheny Transfer in Baltimore or Victory Van in Alexandria, VA. Both of these agents have received higher quality ranking scores while servicing more customers than Coleman-American.

Consumers, please keep in mind that Coleman-American has some excellent ranking offices, it's just that in this particular area there are others that are performing at a higher level.

Diane

Re: *Coleman American Moving Services (Allied) in Baltimore

Postby Diane » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:38 pm

I agree with what Pam has said. In addition, you might want to call Matthew Moving (Allied), Brennan's (independent), and University Van Lines (Atlas, in Rahway NJ) to see whether they could accommodate you. University might be able to pick you up on a return trip from the DC area. See my summary post linked to below under "Maryland," "Virginia," and "New Jersey" to see reviews of the companies mentioned.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

menanteau

Postby menanteau » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:14 am

Many thanks for the advice, I'll get in touch with these new companies.

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:29 pm

Coleman American, Bmore office? Run run as fast as you can. Course if your military and dont have that choice make sure you get. 3 copies of you form 1840, and ask for a continuation sheet you'll need it.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:54 pm

Based on these and other bad comments about Coleman American in Baltimore, I just put a "Caution" symbol in front of its name in my summary post. If we get actual bad reports I will consider changing it to an "Avoid" listing.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

menanteau

Re: CAUTION: Coleman American Moving Services (Allied)-Balti

Postby menanteau » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:36 am

Can you be more specific about you bad experience with them?

glasgowjc

Re: CAUTION: Coleman American Moving Services (Allied)-Baltimore

Postby glasgowjc » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:21 am

menanteau wrote:Hi,

I'll be moving from Baltimore, MD to New Jersey very soon. I've received a quote from Coleman American Moving Services in Baltimore, and Allied partner. I had a horrible experience a few years ago and would like to avoid that to happen again. Anyone know or has any idea of the reputation of this company?

Thanks

I'm doing a local move in Annapolis MD - got a good quote from Coleman American in Baltimore. Since the previous messages were old, can anyone recommend (or not) with more recent experience?
Thank you!
glasgowjc
Annapolis MD

Diane

Re: CAUTION: Coleman American Moving Services (Allied)-Baltimore

Postby Diane » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:36 am

You could try sending a Private Message to "weem" - he used to work in the area and he might have advice for you or be able to suggest another company.
Diane

Return to “Open Community”