denver to northeast

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
conneticut

denver to northeast

Postby conneticut » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:51 am

I hesitated about posting this message but I remembered how frantic and appreciative I was when I was first researching on movers for advice and recommendations. So here it is. We have moved twice from the northeast to Denver and back withing 18 months so I have had two moves to base my opinions on. I would recommend avoiding moving with City Moving and Storage in Lafayette, Colorado (local agent for NAVL). I made a list of things (albeit none that's catastrophic) that were unsatisfactory but essentially I found them to be lacking in communication and service. It started with them misinforming me of our loading date. When the driver did not show up on the date that City and Moving said that he will, we had to get clarification from the corporate office before City and Moving was finally able to offer us an explanation. The move also ended with a delayed refund that took two months to process. They also gave us a lower than average estimate on paper that later was explained to be a writing error. We went with them anyways as the corrected estimate was comparable to other estimates and we were short on time. This exemplifies the lack of attention to details on the
moving consultant's part.
We were,however, very pleased with the NAVL driver (from upstate NY) who moved us. He was very professional and courteous and handled our load with care. We appreciated his service.

Diane

Re: denver to northeast

Postby Diane » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:59 pm

Thanks - I added your review to my summary post on CO movers linked to below. The company is actually located in Louisville, according to its website at www.cms.net. This is only one review and people should never judge a company solely on the basis of one review, but at least your experience has now been recorded so it can be taken into account by others.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”