Moving, Long Beach, CA to southern Texas

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
MusicMom

Re: Moving, Long Beach, CA to southern Texas

Postby MusicMom » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:47 pm

OK, I'm going to revise my statement a bit. Rather than say "don't use him", I will say if you DO use him, know that you will be paying someone extra money to do something that you are perfectly capable of arranging.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:51 pm

Judging from the comments and reviews on the post linked to below, I think your best bets for quotes (besides the Atlas agent Ace Relocation) are O'Neil (United) and Schick (Allied). Berger doesn't look nearly as good as Schick, at least on paper.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

jaderae

Postby jaderae » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:12 pm

Would it be odd for the Allied company to direct me to the Berger over Schick? I just checked the bbb on Berger it's "AA" Seems ok. Lets see how the estimates are.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:22 pm

That's interesting - when I compiled my summary report several months ago the Berger in Fullerton was rated "CCC" and now, you are correct, it is "AA" - http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Busin ... D=13081475
Maybe they saw where I questioned why they weren't rated higher, since they had no complaints. I agree - let's see how your quotes are.

jade rae

Postby jade rae » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:15 pm

Ok, got a quote from Berger, 3400 lbs is 2510. This includes the second stop to get side by side fridge. Might have to figure out how to move it before, will save 92 dollars if I can.

Had Ace Relocation systems scheduled to come do a quote after berger, but Larry called at 10 AM asking if he could come earlier in the day, due to work; around 1 PM he called and had car trouble. He is calling tomorrow to reschedule. Hopefully.

Contacted King Relocation and they wanted to just estimate my goods over the internet. I bit suprised at that. I mean it's a small move I know but I guess I expected a bit more effort.

jaderae

Re: *Moving, Long Beach, CA to southern Texas

Postby jaderae » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:00 pm

I am most likely going to go with Berger Storage and Transport. I was impressed with the company and the people they choose to repersent themselves with. The agent from Ace relocation services, Larry, called and asked to reschedule the time as I stated before and promissed to call back last thursday to reschedule the missed apointment. As of now a week later he hasn't contacted me. I spoke with King Relocation services, over the phone and because the large difference (900 lbs) of the estimate from a list I provided and the in home estimate from Berger, I asked to have someone come and look at my apartment. I met with Steve today, he had my list of items, but looked over my apartment in all of 5 minutes and was done and left. Being a first time mover I wanted a bit of handholding in this process. I was very discouraged by the whole episode. If I am not worth the time to do a decent estimate how can I feel like my move is worth their time either.

Diane

Postby Diane » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:08 pm

OK, keep us posted. If you're inclined to get another quote, Merit Moving Systems (United) in Buena Park just got a very good review from someone.

jaderae

Postby jaderae » Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:18 pm

OK so I have berger set to come tuesday. I had called to check since I hadn't heard from them when I told the gentleman who did the estimate to schedule the days. I am glad I did as he hadn't passed on the info, but I was able to take the paperwork I had in and still got the days I wanted. I understand seeing as when he called me back it was late in the evening on a friday.

I was curious if anyone knows if I need to take any alcohol with me in the car or if I can pack the bottles and just make the driver aware?
Thanks

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:51 pm

No flammables in the truck.

You can have one heck of a moving-out party :wink: , or take them with you.

jaderae

Postby jaderae » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:42 pm

OK so pick up on tuesday, the 3rd of october.
Raul, was the driver gentleman in charge, very nice professional.

Drop off today the 12th. Great time made. No noticable damage on any furniture. A few boxes looked a bit smushed, most likely due to weight stacked for 2000 miles. Raul was also there at the delivery. Still same great service. Quick unloading took 2 hours or so.

Was very pleased with the overall experience I had with berger.
Now to empty 60 boxes. Yay. Only boxes I have seen to have damage are the ones I obtained from uhaul. Didn't feel overly sturdy when I got them.
All other boxes look good.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:05 pm

Thank you so much for coming back to update us.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:10 pm

Yes, thank you so much. I've added your review to my Superlist linked to below.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”