ALERT - avoid Hanna International in CA (MC #551204)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Hvj

ALERT - avoid Hanna International in CA (MC #551204)

Postby Hvj » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:31 pm

Can some one recommend a realiable moving company near Pasadena CA for a move from CA to AZ? I got few quotes from3 to 4 companies

Hanna International INC
Ivy moving and storage
budget express moving and storage
Excell Moving and Storage(they gave me quote over phone)

Thanks for any help.

PMueller

Re: moving from California to Arizona

Postby PMueller » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:38 pm

Please review this link, states are in alphabetical order, scroll to CA and review movers in your area.

http://www.movingscam.com/cgi-bin/link. ... php?t=8038

I hope this helps, and do not do business with anyone who does an estimate over the phone, you need an in home survey.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:21 pm

Drop all four of those companies.

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:26 am

PMueller wrote:Please review this link, states are in alphabetical order, scroll to CA and review movers in your area.

http://www.movingscam.com/cgi-bin/link. ... php?t=8038

I hope this helps, and do not do business with anyone who does an estimate over the phone, you need an in home survey.

Thanks ! I checked it out and called couple from the list.

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:28 am

MusicMom wrote:Drop all four of those companies.

i was leaning towards Hanna International beause i am in a bit hurry.
Now I am holding it off. What are your recommendations? Thanks.

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:47 am

I agree with MusicMom - drop all four companies on your list.

On Tuesday call Delancey Street Movers-Los Angeles to see whether they can move you. This is their review thread: http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2377
The phone number is 323-890-2300. Ask to speak to a supervisor (I think it is Aaron or Dan).
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:11 am

I've never even heard of Hanna Int'l. Where are they located?

How big is your shipment? IE number of rooms of furniture? You will find that most full service movers need 5 business days notice to book a move.

hj

Postby hj » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:35 pm

Nancy wrote:I've never even heard of Hanna Int'l. Where are they located?

here is there web site
http://www.hannainternational.com/

How big is your shipment? IE number of rooms of furniture? You will find that most full service movers need 5 business days notice to book a move.

I have 3 bed condo.

hj

Postby hj » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:43 pm

I got binding not to exceed quote from Andy's Transfer & storage.

Delancey in LA will give me quote tomorrow.

Andy also did the valuation & they offered me max. value coverage for $ 415.00 with no deductible

Any recommendations over these two?

Thanks!

hj

Postby hj » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:48 pm

also my husband wants to do this move ourself with U haul or budget.
In that case we would need moving labor to load here in CA & unload in AZ. Any suggestions about this?

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:13 pm

You can not compare the quote from a full service mover to doing this yourselves. You will need to make the bigger choice on coordinating your own labor, driving the rental truck and coordinating destination labor. You also will have zero coverage against breakage for your belongings.

So it's really a personal decision if you can handle the work involved on a U-Haul or Budget rental truck move, OR if you desire a full service mover to handle it all.

I'd suggest you decide before the Delancey salesman comes out to see you.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:46 pm

Delancey can provide just the loading labor if you decide to do it yourself. You might as well get a quote from them just for that if they come all the way to Pasadena. Penske and Budget have much better reviews here than U-Haul.

RollrXGirl

Postby RollrXGirl » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:01 am

I know this is a bit late but for anyone else out there thinking about using Hanna International - DON'T! They moved me across the country (from LA to TX) and jacked up the cost before they would agree to unload the truck. They told me the stuff weighed more than they had initially thought it would be (I don't understand this since I went to the weigh station in CA with them) and they increased the cost because the driveway was longer than most. I believe they subcontracted out the move because I had items come up missing and the irritable rude movers I dealt with in TX had no idea of what I had been promised/told etc. in CA. The head person over there, Izzy, would not return my calls when I tried to discuss what had gone on. Please do NOT use this company, regardless of their BBB rating - oh, and by the way - if you do a search on the Safersys.org website you will see that their DOT license # listed on their still-active website is INACTIVE. Run far away from these scammers!

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:18 am

Call 1-888-DOT-SAFT to file a complaint. Or you can file it here, and select the option at the end to forward it to the DOT. Look at the top right of this page.

Diane

Re: ALERT - avoid Hanna International in CA (MC #551204)

Postby Diane » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:48 am

They don't even have a broker's license. I changed the topic title to an ALERT - avoid.

Return to “Open Community”