Local Chicago Move with Wolley Movers

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Local Chicago Move with Wolley Movers

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:52 pm

I just finished a move with Wolley Movers and it went really well. They said they would show up between 1 and 2 p.m., and were at my place at 2 p.m. (and had apparently tried to call to let me know, but had taken down the wrong phone number). My two movers were polite and worked hard, moving a studio apartment's worth of belongings in about an hour and a half. I was quoted $219 on the phone (2 guys at $60/hour, 3 hour minimum, plus $39 for the truck) and that's what the final bill came to.

Everything went great and in fact, as we were moving into my new apartment, some neighbors who were also moving in that day asked my movers to help unload their truck after they were done moving me in! I am very happy with the results (one guy took my dresser out on his back while I strolled past carrying a laundry hamper) and would definitely recommend them for a local move in Chicago.

Diane

Re: Local Chicago Move with Wolley Movers

Postby Diane » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:56 pm

Thanks for your review - it will motivate me to finally make separate listings for the smaller Chicago movers like Wolley and Del's in my summary post linked to below.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

assrevolution

Postby assrevolution » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:23 am

I used Wolley movers this past weeked for a local Chicago move. They called me at 9AM when they were supposed to arrive to tell me they'd be an an hour late because one of their guys was late. Outside of that minor inconvenience they did a really good job. They asked me about wrapping items such as a mattress, couch, table, etc. before doing it and told me how much the cost of it would be so there wouldn't be any surprises. They worked hard and continuously asked me if they were doing a good job and if they could do anything else for me. There weren't any hidden charges at the end. (4 hour move @ $75/hour for 3 men + $40 truck fee) My computer appeared to have been handled a bit rough but everything else was perfect. I would definitely recommend them to anyone doing a local move in Chicago.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:47 am

Thanks for the review!

Return to “Open Community”