Review of local Florida move with Crystal Coast

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
friedman29

Review of local Florida move with Crystal Coast

Postby friedman29 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:05 pm

This is my second move in the last year, the previous one being from Manhattan to Florida, in which I gave a positive review to Arthur Werner. This time it was a local move from Boca Raton to West Palm Beach. I used Crystal Coast Moving and Storage in Riviera Beach, mainly on the recommendation of a poster named Dazed & Confused on this board and based on the clean record reported by Dianne and from what I found doing some of my own research. What a resource this board is!

The move went very smoothly. Maybe I have been lucky twice now, but I think doing my homework pays off. Crystal Coast was very professional and the quote was also the lowest that we received (we got quotes from two other movers recommended on this board). The final price was only a few dollars above the estimate. The service was excellent. They were on time; they handled things carefully; they dealt with problems skillfully. Everything was really smooth and incredibly fast. The guys were nice, friendly, and trustworthy.

We'll probably be moving locally again in another year, and I would definitely use Crystal Coast again. Thanks Dazed & Confused and Dianne. I never would have found these guys without you.

Diane

Re: Review of local Florida move with Crystal Coast

Postby Diane » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:10 pm

I'm glad the company did well for you, and I'll add your review to my summary post linked to below. I remember your posts as "NYC Mover" last year.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Arthur

Postby Arthur » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:05 pm

friedman29 wrote:This is my second move in the last year, the previous one being from Manhattan to Florida, in which I gave a positive review to Arthur Werner. This time it was a local move from Boca Raton to West Palm Beach. I used Crystal Coast Moving and Storage in Riviera Beach, mainly on the recommendation of a poster named Dazed & Confused on this board and based on the clean record reported by Dianne and from what I found doing some of my own research. What a resource this board is!

The move went very smoothly. Maybe I have been lucky twice now, but I think doing my homework pays off. Crystal Coast was very professional and the quote was also the lowest that we received (we got quotes from two other movers recommended on this board). The final price was only a few dollars above the estimate. The service was excellent. They were on time; they handled things carefully; they dealt with problems skillfully. Everything was really smooth and incredibly fast. The guys were nice, friendly, and trustworthy.

We'll probably be moving locally again in another year, and I would definitely use Crystal Coast again. Thanks Dazed & Confused and Dianne. I never would have found these guys without you.

Crystal Coast Moving & Storage are terrible movers! I used Crystal Coast Moving & Storage because someone here said they were a good moving company. That is far from the truth! Crystal Coast Moving & Storage is a dishonest company that hires bad moving people. The first sign there would be a problem is they arrived at 10:30 AM instead of 9:00 AM as they said they would. The Movers did not seem to know how to take my Wall Unit apart and put it back together properly. My 65" TV they could not figure how to get it to fit under the Wall unit when they got to my new house. They were telling me they were only paid for six hours and they were doing me a big favor continuing to work putting my furniture together. I had a flat rate of $600.00 for the move which the Owner Dan gave me. Then I had a mirror for my dresser that I was not using because the dresser was going into my Closed because of lack of room in my bedroom. The mover asked me where I wanted the Dresser mirror put. I said in the second bedroom. I had a lot of boxes already in that room and had on top of the bed in the second bedroom lots of stuff including two glass lamp shades. Instead of the mover putting the mirror down on the floor or in the closest he tossed the mirror on the bed like a sack of potatoes not even putting it down gently or taking even the slightest care. The force of throwing the heavy mirror onto my bed broke the glass lamp shade that the other movers could hear in the next room. Then on top of that the movers wanted to charge me for packing material even though I had a flat rate and had all the boxes and packing material left over from my last move.. Before my move I carried all the small breakables in myself so there was really nothing they needed to even pack. They did not even bring me a Wardrobe Box! Fortunately I had one left over from my last move and used that but I did not have the metal rod that holds the clothes on it. I found a metal rod I had and had to use it. The movers told Dan the Owner that they used boxes and that was what they were trying to charge me for. But again as stated above I had so many boxes left from my last move that I had to through some out at the curb before I left my old house to go to the new house. So they lied about that! I was going to pay them $30.00 for extra insurance but after I read the fine print it said you had to insure everything otherwise it would be pretty much like the 60 cents a pound they had. I could not afford to pay $250.00 extra for it so I let it go. Dan the owner said he would not get the Glass Lamp fixed or repaired. The lamp was part of a set that cost about $60.00 a piece. The company some how does not have anything negative with the BBB for the last four years or with the State of Florida. Something just does not sound right about this because these were bad movers. Stay from away from Crystal Coast Moving & Storage to avoid going through what I did. I even told Dan the owner I would report him on movingscam.com but he did not care. Please take this company off any recommended list and put them on the Black List as soon as possible.

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:23 pm

Arthur, I don't agree with you that Crystal Coast is a bad company. I just discussed your move with the owner, Dan Harvey, and he told me that he gave you a flat rate of $600 for three guys for what was supposed to be a 6-hour move of furniture only. In the contract it said that he was allowed to charge you for any packing materials used. He said that when his workers arrived at your residence, you were far from completely packed and they had to spend 10 hours there packing items other than furniture as well as moving everything. He said he didn't charge you for the extra 4 hours or for the packing materials such as boxes that he provided. Regarding the lamp that you said the movers broke, he said that the foreman told him that what happened was that a worker laid the mirror on a bed and when he did, the glass lampshade rolled off the bed and fell on the floor and broke. You had declined extra insurance so Dan offered you $10 for the lamp, which is all that you were legally entitled to.

Dan told me that he has been in business for 25 years with no BBB complaints. He has a two-truck family-owned mom and pop business near West Palm Beach that is licensed for intrastate/local moves only. To me he sounded like a good guy and I told him that I would post this rebuttal since I like for movers to be able to present the other side of things when there are complaints by customers and he didn't know how to post on movingscam.com.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”